Puma Pricing

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaaaandy

Hi, My mate is selling a 1.7 Puma and he wants 1750 for it. It is very clean, 50k no rust on the arches etc but it seems a bit steep to me, what should I offer him? It is on gumtree in London at the moment, silver 2001 Xreg. I don't think its worth more than 1500, what do you think?

Cheers

Andy

Has it got a full service history including cambelt change (or 2 cambelt changes depending on if it was done at it's correct interval in 2006 and again in 2011)

I have one for sale at the moment same.spec 48,000 got it.up for £1695 its a fair price.as.low mileage ones are getting rarer.

new cam belt water pump etc
full service
as new

Welcome aboard Andy :thumbs: Notwithstanding the above comments, if he's a mate it should defo be a couple of hundred cheaper than he will sell it to anyone else for. Given that he will probably have to take an offer a couple of hundred cheaper than his price anyway and given that theres loads of Pumas about. its nearly xmas, theres a recession on etc etc I think
£1350 is more like it.

I picked up a Puma 1.7 this week with 32k miles, full ford service history and 1 years MOT for £1400

Cambelt needs done so I'm doing that ASAP.

Hope that helps.

Cheers for the comments guys. The car only has a bit of history and no cambelt invoice! It does have a new MoT though and a new exhaust [rear half I think]

Andy

Cambelt change will set you back about £300 which is recommended if you're planning on keeping it.

Low mileage with history and tidy arches is worth the money just because people will pay it.

I've seen newbie threads on here where someone has paid 700 to a grand for the car then spent nearly the same again painting it and doing the belt. That makes a £1500 car when its all done look cheap.

Thanks for all the comments. I'll see what happens now that Christmas is on the horizon!

Andy

Latest posts

Back