Explanation of 3 Keys?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davros7760

I was looking at your Buyers guide as we are on the point of buying
a 1,7 puma (we have found 4/5 promising cars locally).

The guide (fantastic btw) mentioned 3 different types of keys and I was wondering
what the function of the 'red' and 'T-bar' keys were?

I have long needed a 'back up' car for when my baby is being modified but have never really found a car that ticked the boxes for both of us.

Also it it probably only feasible if I can add this car to my existing insurance policy ( a heavily modified group 14 smart Roadster 12 years protected no claims. 50yr old, no points).

As it's the 1st time I've considered a 'multi-car' policy am I right in assuming there shouldn't be any masty shocks with the quote?

Red key is master keh,black key with red insert intop 2nd key for every day use,t bar key for valet use,can open and lock car but wont start it,you need master key to reprogram new keys along with 2nd key,unless you find a good locksmith who can clone the 2nd key :eek:k:

We had to go with a mutlicar policy this year (previously we've had the family car and cheap classics).
We knew it wasn't going to be cheap, two 23 year olds on a 2.0 Turbo Saab 9000 and Puma 1.7. The quotes we were getting from Admiral were exactly what we were expecting but when we said we wanted to pay monthly the price went up by 50%. Next year we'll be saving up to pay as a lump :roll:

And that's relevant to a 3 key explanation thread because......?

davros7760 said:
Also it it probably only feasible if I can add this car to my existing insurance policy ( a heavily modified group 14 smart Roadster 12 years protected no claims. 50yr old, no points).

As it's the 1st time I've considered a 'multi-car' policy am I right in assuming there shouldn't be any masty shocks with the quote?
;)

Latest posts

Back