ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spike

Hi,
just puchased an 1998 S plate Puma 1.7... Good price I think ( can someone let me know the value of this.. 89000 miles "minted"

When should timing belts be changed on this engine ?

Is this Forum just for Racing Puma's (FRP) ?

Bought it for girlfriend...

This part of the forum is for Racing Pumas, i'll shift this up to the new member hello section :D

Below average miles and mint conditioon i'd guess from between 1,800 up to 2,500 depending on other factors like history etc.

The timing belt / cam belt should be changed at 5 years OR 80k miles which ever occurs first so yours should be technically on it's second change this year although the interval wasn't change until 2004 from 10 years 100k miles.

I'm sure your girlfirend will love it.. infact I bet you will ;)

Honest I did, I own a MX5 ;-) ( and no I am not a hairdresser) I love fords but this is the best fun I have had with a car, since Ford ditched rear wheel drive.... :lol:

It probably is. Other cars have come since then puma, most notebably the Fiesta ST, and the pumas 'replacement' the sport/street ka, but none have the magic of the puma.

Latest posts

Back