Hey up from Durham!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave619

Hi all,

Got a panther black 2000 'X' 1.7. Had it since start or december and already spent £1500 on the old girl. Had new exhaust, two tyres, rear arches stripped and repaired, welded basically from front to back underneath etc. Car love or what eh! Only couple of problems now are:

Annoying squeak from N/S rear trim piece where door would be if it had one ha, may just be loose pegs at top.
Slight whine from I'm guessing alternator as it becomes more apparent when running heated screens etc.
Knock from rear O/S and front both sides when going over bumps.

Hi Dave
Well done , keep up the good work and enjoy the Puma and the tinkering that goes with it.
Barry

Thanks Barry,
Hope you're enjoying yours too mate. Whenever I find another issue with mine all I have to do is find a nice country road and it immediately puts a smile back on my face.

Dave

Aye it's the petrolhead way. Had mine for 14 months now and not even driven it! Bought it as a replacement for my Fiesta then ended up doing a full resto/ modification. I hope it's going to be ready for all the shows this year, just as transport, not a show car.
Barry

Ah it'll all be worth it bud. Much better to drive than you'd expect from a car of this age. The engine is a little cracker!
Dave

Yeah so I've heard. Hopefully it will be a little faster than standard now as it's gained a full Piper exhaust on it as well as an induction kit and soon to get a 2ltr throttle body.
Good to see that you've had the important welding done as it looks like on here that rust is killing shells and cambelt changes are killing engines.
Barry

Ah should sound nice too then. I'm tempted to go for a K&N induction kit too but trying to save as it's unfortunately eating tyres at the min!

Funnily enough it's just been tracked so looks like a problem with the suspension geometry. If it's nice tomorrow I'll jack it up and see what I can find.

before you jack it up if you've got two long lengths of wood or steel put them against the wheels with a brick under each end and measure the distance between the wheels in front and behind them. At least from that you can deduce whether the car's toeing in or out (it should be toeing out). I f there's something wrong with your suspension I would have thought you would have heard it knocking or felt it through the steering wheel or brakes.

Ah ok mate will do. It does knock slightly from the front but only over deep potholes etc. May just want a drop link or something I hope!

Hi I am from bishop auckland so not to far away from you. Not go to fat to go for sum proper puma roads!

Graeme

Hi Graeme,

You're right there mate - had a ride up Middleton in Teesdale at the weekend - lovely little drive!

You need to go up past high force and go down the Langdon beck road. Possibly the best road in the north east!

Ah yes I've been up there mate - might have a picture of it by the Langdon beck inn somewhere :)

Back