Hardcore biker's first car: Puma 1700

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thunderpuma

Hello, this forum looks great!
I've just got a 1999 1700 Puma -1.7 for cager's :p. It's in very good shape, just 90.000km. My mechanic friend and his employee were amazed of finding such a good example. It still had its factory sparkplugs which caused stuttering at low revs and now I'm waiting for a pair of new front shocks to arrive, one of them is shot. Some rust at the silencer and every else seems perfect.

I'm 30 years old, from Spain, and I've been owning just motorcycles all my life -such a dry weather helps, also to keep old vehicles without rust. I currently ride a 1998 Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace, hence my nickname.

My wife needed a car and after some internet research and testing some boring knackered diesels and a beautiful but dissapointingly heavy 2.5 Cougar I found this Puma. A few seconds after turning the ignition on I knew I had to have it. First time I had fun driving a car! Good mix of low weight and nice power! Yamaha's touch was there too, the engine breaths.

It's the first car that doesn't make me feel miserable while driving it! Plus it keeps you cool/warm and dry!

:) Welcome to the site! Sounds like you found a nice one.

Im sure most things would seem heavy after only owning a motorcycle for so long!

I ride a CBR600F Sport 2001 :)

I've just known about the UK Thunder edition. No specials in Spain. So my nickname is misleading... :|

Welcome along :grin:

Thunderpuma said:
I've just known about the UK Thunder edition. No specials in Spain. So my nickname is misleading... :|

don't worry about it, there are a few people on here with misleading names :wink:

Latest posts

Back