Sheffield 1.7 newbie

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daz89

Hi everyone,
My names daz, i'm 24 from sheffield, and i've just acquired a 2000 red 1.7. for the stunning price of £200!

I'm a newbie here, but was previously a fiesta owners club member where the 1.7 puma engine became very familiar to me.

I have owned some big-ish power stuff previously (300+ bhp) but needed a cheap but fun runabout due to changing job to something that requires lots of motorway miles.

Ok so previous car history time!

First off we have the fez!

I had a lot of plans for this car, but due to it dying a horrible rusty death they never came to fruition.

After that i bought my '98 impreza turbo

A massively capable and fun car, just very thirsty and an absolute joke to insure.

Then i went for a cheaper option and something a bit different, a '95 honda prelude

Eventually the turbo and silly power bug bit me again, so i bought a '98 toyota celica gt four

My favourite and by far the quickest car to date, but one i sadly had to let go (18mpg at best got a bit tiresome)

and finally the one you probably want to see, and the newest edition to my fairly interesting car history.

The '00 1.7 puma

I was actually majorly impressed by just how much fun this is to drive. responsive and revvy little engine, and very easy to throw into a corner. plus quite easy on the wallet (especially with a £200 purchase price).

for now i'm just going to give her a tidy up, but as these things always seem to end up becoming a project, i'll start a project thread and see where we end up haha.

Hi and welcome! Looking forward to seeing what you do with it. :thumbs:

daz89 said:
plus quite easy on the wallet (especially with a £200 purchase price)

Wait until you see the price of consumables and service parts!

I did a full service on it and all quality filters, spark plugs and oil came to 40 quid delivered. New quality discs and pads for the front - 36 quid. It's awesomely cheap to maintain :)

Thanks for the welcomes guys

Kungfugerbil said:
Wait until you see the price of consumables and service parts!

I did a full service on it and all quality filters, spark plugs and oil came to 40 quid delivered. New quality discs and pads for the front - 36 quid. It's awesomely cheap to maintain :)

sounds good to me, I like something a bit different, but it just gets too expensive when it comes to service time or when something goes wrong. at least with the puma it shouldn't cost all that much

Latest posts

Back