Hi from Gloucester

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike_sp

Hello,
I've been skimming this site for a while pinching advice and tips, so thought I'd sign up.
I acquired a 2001 Y-reg, 65k, 1.7 in the sliver/blue colour (not sure of proper colour name)
I got the car for free off my brother in law for a weekends work, been sat on his drive for 6 years!
Just passed the mot today, all I've had to do is new battery, new starter motor (tight fit!) front pads and discs, rear brake lines.
2 small rust bubbles on drivers side rear arch (of course)
So trying to find a decent body shop in my area.

First time I drove it was today. Amazed by it. I was expecting good things but was still massively surprised!

Cambelt to be done on payday, along with oil and filter service then I can get her up the rev range without the worry of something snapping off!
17" focus wheels rub like a mother though, I do have the 15" versions of them too but are a bit tatty but they may be best to go back on...
All in all very happy for about £150 spent so far and a bit of weekend time for a years ticket!

Mike

B209A2DF-6234-40B3-BD4D-715F91E94564_zpsmvy6ywur.jpg

First time trying to post a pic... Apologies for being old and out of date if it doesn't work. :oops:

Welcome to the forum Mike, nice car (in Curiass Blue if im not mistaken)

I am old and out of date too.
Dont worry about it though,
I believe its also known as "character" :cool:

trublustu said:
Welcome to the forum Mike, nice car (in Curiass Blue if im not mistaken)

I am old and out of date too.
Dont worry about it though,
I believe its also known as "character" :cool:

medium steel blue (best colour)

Welcome aboard

Hi,
welcome, I must say your Puma looks very smart. I read your comment about the focus wheels. I have Focus ST 170 wheels on mine, I have fitted 30mm spacers. Due to the offset of the Focus wheels compared with the standard Puma the suspension and bearings only see the effect of a 15mm spacer. I have no issues with my wheels whatsoever and the rims are flush with the edges of the arches, you can see what it looks like on my project thread. The ET of my wheels is 49. Depending what your wheels are you can work out spacer sizes if you decide to fit some.
Regards
Richard.

Hi, thanks for the comments.

It does have some spacers fitted, by ford when the car was purchased years ago, but they are definitely not enough.
My main concern is that they rub right on the spot where the ABS cable is so I've had to try and move it around out the way for now. I will look into what size the correct spacer is, I don't really want to put 15"s back on :)

Mike

Hi and welcome to puma ownership.

If you do find a good body shop around the Gloucester area RE the rust on the arches it would be great to know because mine is in need of some TLC around the arches.

Latest posts

Back