A Newbie

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NinjaDan

After months of researching and contemplating, this weekend just bought a 51 plate Black Puma with 69k on the clock, part service history (dipstick showed no engine oil!!!), from a very dodgy dealer (small caravan for office) in industrial estate in Surbiton. They had another Puma in stock, with silver but with 91k. Both drove very similar but the interior of my one was obviously less worn, but my stereo does not work.
I have the usual bubbles around the rear wheel arches. Rear parcel shelf moves around more than a plate of jelly.
As I have read many times on this site, my first thing on the list is to get the cam belt changed.
My clutch has a very high biting point, but is not slipping, wondering whether this is normal for a Puma or is it on its way out??

Welcome aboard :thumbs:

Its hard to say if the clutch is indeed high and worn or if it just feels higher than whatever your used to driving and is ok.

There are how to guides and recommended garages on the forum if you find you need a new clutch.

Thanks for the warm welcome.
Really pleased with the Puma handling after just one week. Getting used to the high seating position. Noticed both my dipped headlights don't work! Another job to fix.

Latest posts

Back