Puma 1.7 on 51 plate - alarm problem

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSV

Hi,

I've recently got a 1.7 Puma. It's a cracking car in red and with just 31K. Everything is great but the alarm doesn't work.

I've tried a new battery and done my best to reprogram it but nothing happens at all when I press any of the buttons. I've been to my local dealer but they want £66 + Vat just to tell me what's wrong with it.

I thought I'd ask if there are any common problems with the alarm that I could try before going back to the dealer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Hi,

Can anyone shed any light on this please?
TSV said:
Hi,

I've recently got a 1.7 Puma. It's a cracking car in red and with just 31K. Everything is great but the alarm doesn't work.

I've tried a new battery and done my best to reprogram it but nothing happens at all when I press any of the buttons. I've been to my local dealer but they want £66 + Vat just to tell me what's wrong with it.

I thought I'd ask if there are any common problems with the alarm that I could try before going back to the dealer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Had a similar problem the other week. I could not lock the car using the buttons, or the key as my locks are knackered. When you tried to reprogramme the key did your hazard lights flash to acknowledge when you pressed the button ?
If not then I would guess your key fob needs replacing. From a dealer you are looking at £90+. I paid £90 but that was with employee discount. You could get one from Ebay a lot cheaper and just swap over the transponder.

Latest posts

Back