Hi all, nice to be here..

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Livvie

Hi all,
i'm Livvie, new to the site and looking forward to meeting up. based in Wednesbury.
This is my second Puma, sadly my first one was was written off whilst stood still at a junction minding its own business (she was called Winnie as the reg was R910WNE), so hope I have more luck with this one.
The model I've bought is a 1999 1.7 in red, and from the photos on the gallery; a red Puma is just what you need lol
I got it as a run-around project, and its got the usual rust areas, sensors that have failed (traction control, ABS & one or both temperature sensors) to be honest its a bit of a dog, well it SMELLS OF DOG!!!!! i'm sure i will find many more faults, but i'm prepared for the effort needed to bring it back to pristine condition.
However, it handles great, and so far the mechanics seem fine and seems to be more cosmetic issues and the SMELL!!!!!
I'm sure the interior will have to be replaced, not only because to odor, but also the gloss paint and mold. I think the previous keeper needs to be hunted down and shown the error of his ways; to let a Puma get in this state. Or was the car driven by a large smelly dog that worked as a decorator?? i,m not sure, but i am sure it will lead me on a fun filled adventure.

Be sure to give me a wave, i'll be the one in the boiler suit and wearing a gas mask lmao
P.S photos to follow
Livvie

I can never understand people who let their cars get in such a state - where's the sense of pride? Hope you get it sorted soon :)

Welcome to ProjectP! We look forward to seeing (& smelling) your Puma soon! :lol:

Welcome to the club! There be plenty of blood, tears and work to get your Puma in a decent order as well as looking better. My Puma had loads of dog hair and I had to clean it off to get rid of the smell but it is being valeted next week after its VIC. We will all try to help you with any questions and even help you fix it. As I speak, there is a red Puma on Ebay going for spares near me so there might be some parts you may want for your Puma. Good luck! :eek:k:

Hi and welcome :)
As you may know, a common issue with these cars is water in the footwells. This makes the soundproofing material stink and the only way is to remove it (the water and the material).
Just saying, you may put a lot of effort into cleaning and de-odourising the seats and the smell could still be there.
Paul

Welcome.

I've just got a Bilt Hamber air conditioning cleaner which I'm going to try tomorrow. might you help once you've got the interior in a good state. Also check the pollen filter is dry to cure the smell.

Back