Greetings fellow Puma enthusiasts !

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FRP Rod

I'm an RPOC member, but am ashamed to admit that I hadn't heard of Project Puma until I was told about it by turbopuma when I met him for the first time at lunchtime today (and that happened thanks to the owner of V4 FRP, one of the press-release FRPs).

I have had my FRP since 2010. The car has been on SORN ever since I got it, so it is not road legal and is trailered everywhere. However, it is entered on about a dozen or more hillclimbs and sprints each year, mostly rounds of the Service Hydraulics Speed Championship.

Looking forward to meeting some of you sometime.

Welcome to Project Puma Rod, it was great meeting you today, you'll certainly fit in here, you have petrol running through your veins!! Get some pics up of your Puma when you get a chance, maybe in the projects section or the puma racing section!

PumaNoob,

Greetings old sport !

When we next chat, you must tell me how to resize and upload photos, and how to attach a "signature" type photo to "FRP Rod".

I got myself into a real mess trying to do it on the RPOC site, so I more or less gave up trying long ago !

Us old duffers aren't as quick on the uptake as you young lads !

Speaking of which, I had a look at the "Average age of FRP owners" thread and responded. It filled me with dread. It looks like I am the oldest thing on the whole website !.

Rod

Rod

Lol, Rod it's not your actual age that counts, it's the age you feel when your driving you puma!! And judging by the look on your face when you showed me those hill climb videos, I'd put you in the 13-17 year olds bracket :lol:

Welcome along Rod!

You need no introductions Rod, lots of photos of your FRP on 3 wheels floating around the Internet.

I saw you was going to meet Errol in my FRP owners group on Facebook - you've meet a great man with extreme passion and love for the Puma.

Blimey, there's a lot going on with this site !

Thanks to quest63, true blue, Brian, evilrob, truonokid, and my RPOC chums Bentleya & PumaNoob for all the welcome messages to Project Puma - very kind of you all chaps !

I'm glad PumaNoob mentioned it to me, I would never have known about it otherwise.

He also very kindly took me out for a run in his very special FRP the day I met him. Stone me, it is without doubt the most amazing and electrifying thing I have ever been in, what a tool ! Mucho respect to the lad for an absolutely blinding piece of work so professionally executed. My FRP will now seem like a heavily laden milk-float in comparison. If ever he gets that on the hills, I shall be forced to retire hurt !

Regarding a few photos, next time I see him I will seek advice from my almost-step-son-in-law (don't ask), who is somewhat of a computer whizz (and a Lotus Esprit Turbo HC pilot), about loading some pictures of the trusty old nail up to Project Puma.

Meanwhile, for anyone who desperately wants to see what the old girl looks like (so, no one then), the easiest way is to access the Service Hydraulics Speed Championship website HOME page (at http://www.midlandspeed.org.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) and there you can click on a short video entitled "This is the Service Hydraulics Speed Championship" which is a compendium of bits and bobs from the 2014 season. The old FRP appears 3 times in all - can you spot them all ?

Incidentally, today's monthly Breakfast Club at Shelsley Walsh catered for at least 625 people, most of whom turned up in all manner of classics, supercars, and sports cars - the paddock was absolutely rammed with cracking motors !

Rod

Welcome to the site Rod, if you don't drive the FRP on the road, what do you drive?

If you need any help from us then someone is always happy to give you a hand.

Red,

Thanks for that - there's a lot happening on PP !

We're an all-Ford couple. My wife has an EcoBoost Focus Estate and I have a first generation diesel Kuga, with the optional 4WD.

Before that I had an S-Max which was brilliant, but when towing the trailer with the Puma on it, I was always getting stuck in the trailer parking fields. Some are just swampy cow fields, so I chopped the S-Max for the Kuga. So far it has worked fine and I haven't been stuck since - fingers crossed !

Rod

Latest posts

Back