Hi from Chelmsford in Essex.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sadpuma

Hi I am new to this forum and wanted some advice regarding my puma. I thought I might try and sell it but having read some of the advice on this site wondered if it would be a good idea just to leave it in the garage for a few more years as it may be worth more? Its a 2000 1.7 silver puma that I have had from new and it has only done 13,900 miles which I know is pathetic and when I go to have the MOT done the garage owner always tells me it would be cheaper to get a taxi than run this car!! But I love it and would be sorry to see it go. My husband on the other hand would like the space in the garage. Does anyone have any idea how many years I would need to keep it? Not too long though as I am in my 60's!! Thanks.

As much as I would like to say otherwise I personally don't think standard Pumas will reach classic or high value status for 10 years or more.

Thanks for being honest, I will think about selling it as will be in my 70's by then!

if it has a full service history and its I good condition you should be able to get a good price for it anyway, don't let questy steal it from you!!!

If the car is in the condition I picture it (nice and clean), there is a good service record with recent cambelt and the rear wheel arches are not too rusty. Then I think you have quite a special car there now. probably worth up to £2k.
I`ll probably buy a Puma to keep permanently one day, and I`d hope to find one like this.

Keeping it a few years will probably see it appreciate, though there are better ways of having money invested than in cars!

Thanks for the replies. As to rust! None on my car I did not take it out in the rain for years!! Cambelt don't even know what that is, and had it serviced for first few years but one year only did about 500miles. I last used it in November and have had to put battery on charge to take to MOT today. Just as a guide please should I ask about £1500 for it and take a bit less? The lads who work at the garage I always take it to for MOT always ask me when I am going to sell it to let them know. I know you are probably thinking the car has been wasted on me but I really love it and was swayed by the ad for it with Steve McQueen. Thanks.

I certainly don`t think this car has been wasted on you. far from it!!
It`s been blessed by your careful ownership. :thumbs:

The cambelt is in the engine and need replacing after 100,000 miles or 10 years. Yours will need doing.
The site administrators are not keen on "how much is it worth?" threads but your figures are probably a little low.
If this were my car I`d vet potential buyers to make sure it goes to a good home, a friend or enthusiast..

Also the cambelt interval is 80,000 or 5 years not 10 years / 100,000 as is sometimes quoted.

The car sounds like it would be at the higher end of the market.

We don't mind 'how much is it worth' threads, we just don't like people advertising things for sale without a price which is two different things :grin:

If this car is as mint as what it should be with this mileage on it I wouldn't let it go for less than 2G. This car, if it's sold, wants to go to someone who will keep it as a future classic rather than a cheap daily driver. Believe me if you were nearer I would want to be looking at this.
Barry

Definitely should go to someone who can tuck her up in a heated garage and preserve her as a future classic. If the paintwork is spot on and the interiors not worn, upwards of £2k shouldn't be an issue to the right owner.

grayfox said:
Definitely should go to someone who can tuck her up in a heated garage and preserve her as a future classic. If the paintwork is spot on and the interiors not worn, upwards of £2k shouldn't be an issue to the right owner.

Would be a steal at that price !

I would say that 'fair market prices' cannot be applied to the vehicle in question.
The value of something like that depends entirely on how badly someone wants it, and so is willing to pay. It is possiblty unique.
A bit like antiques really I suppose.
I just hope the OP doesn't get robbed, as it appears she does not realize the true value of it.
Paul

Hi,
A fair market price to me is what the car is worth and I believe that a car like this is worth a lot more than any normal market value, it goes without saying.

I am prepared to pay a substantial amount for it. So therefore by definition what it would sell for becomes the market price.

I must say that I would not expect to purchase a Puma of this quality based on any comparison whatsoever with others on the market. So you can rest assured that I am Honorable.
I hope Paul that allays any fears you my have.

Regards,
Richard.

Back