hey

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geordie

quick hello from me, finally got a puma :)
1999 v
black

just had it serviced and timing belt kit fitted

Hi geordie

Welcome to the site :thumbs:

Nice purchase!!

Sounds like you are away with the servicing!

If you do have any questions then feel free to ask away! We do our best to help where possible!

bought with no history so wanted to be sure nowt was gonna "go" , mate done full service and once over, needs back bushes changed as there perished, (common fault aparentley?)

couple little bits need doing but thats gonna be the same with any car thats 9yr old

Yep bushes are common part to perish, they can be replaced with poly bushed which will outlast the car.

It has to be said of all the bushes needing to be replaced the rears are the hardest to change.

You should have some piece of mind as to it's condition then, i hope it reflected in the price that it has no history at all?

its near washington :)

If it is that Birtley LOL - not too far from me :)

Welcome to the site from anothe Black Kat owner (99) V regy, i also gt no SH with my Kat but things are getting replaced slowly - just had MOT and passed with flying colours!! :D

would like to invite you to this aswell if your free..... :)

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=33060#33060" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

yeah its that birtley near washington :D

spoke to mate and he also said the back ones are a pig to change, not expensive to buy but a pain to change,

i got a canny deal with it as basically got money back for the car i put in for it

the garage replaced the cd player with one from a newer model as the buttons where broke on original one, also had the heater controll doofer changed as was on hot all the time, and the door open warning light was on as a switch was badly earthed, garage sorted this as part of the deal

i know its sad but a wanted one since a saw steve mcqueen "drive" one in the advert, just had to wait years to get it :-D

i wanted one since I was 10 lol when they first came out :)
now I have one and my life is complete :D
which garage did you use? as cambelt is next on my list..

my mate changed it for me, he is time served mechanic, works for himself at a weekend.

full service plus timimng belt kit £215

yup certainly does, just waiting for a payment for my old engine then its booked in :)

you replaced the engine??? how many miles did it have ? what went wrong with it?????

yes am a nosey get :p

haha - its from my old black Kat
I bought it from a breaker who told me it had light damage and was fully repaired - had a small bump probs enough to dent the bumper and the whole front end caved in :shock:
turned out the chassis was kinked and he had bent the bonnet to fit it as I found out when we bought new panels for it, things started going wrong and just got so annoying so broke it down and selling bits...
hopefully engine should be out at the weekend so will have various other bits for sale from under the bonnet :)

Most of the car has gone - still got a few bits...

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=2742" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

obv engine is sold but still have gear box etc...

Latest posts

Back