Another new Pumista...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garfield

... and if that isn't already a word, it is now!
(Well, what else could you call a Puma owner?)

Actually, I'm not totally new, having already had this Puma for six months, but I've only just got round to joining this forum.
I wasn't even supposed to be buying a Puma in the first place - I was simply keeping a friend's Puma on my road because he'd run out of space on his driveway. Anyway my car (an Almera) died the death, so I asked to borrow this Puma that was sitting outside while we sorted something out. My friend foolishly agreed, and it was love at first drive.

And why the username? Meet Garfield:
Puma2_zpsbgdstckb.jpg

Welcome :)
I completely agree, was love at first drive for me too! Pumista..love it! That must make me a Pumissus then :D

Thanks for the welcome - three months on, and I completely forgot to reply...

AshLaw - There are two old ruins in that photo. One is Scarborough Castle, the other is holding the camera. :-( I felt a bit strange driving there to take the picture, as it's about 100 yards from where I live.

FRPCurn - it is almost as smart as it looks. Closer inspection will reveal rust in what I believe are the usual places - doors and wheel arches. (Living by the sea doesn't help, I imagine.) However, I hope to be getting that treated in the near future.

Roomy - love it! I always saw the term as gender-neutral - like a barista, I suppose. But hey - words change as soon as they are coined.

Unfortunately, Garfield's currently off the road due to a water leak. Still, apart from a major operation early on, it's been relatively trouble-free motoring so far. There are quite a number of Pumas in this part of Yorkshire for some reason - possibly a combination of wide-open roads and no fixed speed cameras! Once I drove to work (in Malton, 20 miles away) and met two Pumas before I'd even left Scarborough. There was also a third parked up nearby when I arrived. It's certainly not something I've noticed when I've driven round other parts of the country.

Any excuse to drive the Puma. With a view like that I'd drive 100 miles too.

Ah, Scarborough - great memories of weekends spent there when I first met Mrs.T66! You are blessed with some perfect roads around there for the Puma, Garfield.

Latest posts

Back