New first time owner

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vivienne

Hello everyone! Yesterday I picked up my first Puma. It was love at first sight and my grown up kids couldn't talk me out of it. (They thought I should have something more practical for a middle aged lady). Anyway, I decided I was going to have what I WANTED for once.and drove her the 40 miles home last night.
It's great to find this group and I'm sure it'll be very useful in the future. My car has a few little issues and already I've seen that they're quite common so that's reassuring.
What I wanted to ask is whether anyone knows how many puma's are still around. And mine is a lovely metallic green which isn't everyones cup of tea but I really like it. Is this a common colour? I don't think I've seen one before.
And I need a suitable name for my little green goddess. Suggestions welcome. Thanks all!☺

Welcome to the site!

Green is an interesting one, there was a point loads of them were showing up and usually low mileage in good condition although I guess there wasn't any specific reason for this :grin:

There were two greens during production, Jewel and Pacific I seem to recall with the former being darker on earlier models.

When I hear 'Green Goddess' I just think of a fire engine so maybe tie in the paint colour name?

Have fun with your new purchase!

Yep mines a 1.7 Pacific Green it's quite common, my sons got a 1.4 in the same colour. We both agree it's the best colour.

Hi Vivienne

:grin: Another middle aged Newbie! :grin:

Enjoy your new Puma, I've had my 1.7 Silver Puma for 14yrs and counting, she's never let me down and corners like a dream...just had the rear wheel arch and stone chips done and she looks gorge!

Have fun and happy driving!

Net

Thanks all for the lovely welcome! And really interesting to see that link Rick...they're certainly becoming much rarer. I've been out and about driving today and after 24 years driving experience with all sorts of cars and motorbikes I really think my puma is the most fun and so responsive! She isn't perfect by any means but even with a few flaws she looks fab. The start of a long partnership I think! ☺

Welcome to the forum Vivienne.
I like that Barry, Jade is a nice choice. I'd call her Terra maybe? Another name for Mother Earth, the universe etc but that's just me :grin:
Nice to have you with us.
Hannah

Hi Vivienne,
I am relatively new to this club also and am also a more mature lady shall we say! Like you I love my little Puma and am slowly doing her up - plan to keep her forever if I can as she is the best little car I have every driven.
Nice to hear from another female on this site - they are all very friendly here by the way and most helpful.
Kind regards and welcome Pixieboo

Latest posts

Back