replacing doors

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PixieBoo

Hiya everyone,

I am slowly doing up my little silver Puma and have bought a donor for £100 as I need quite a few bits and bobs. One of the things I need to do is take the doors off the donor car and put on mine - previous owner must have had stickers or something on the doors on mine and then used goodness know what to remove them so paint work is peeled and scratched.

Question, is there a comprehensive how to guide on this site or has anyone done this and if so how challenging is it?

Thanks everyone,

Pixieboo

There's a thread here that may help:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=11949

They are pretty difficult to remove. It took myself and my partner (who is no lightweight) to get the pins out. Very awkward for access. We ended up bending at least two of them, so when I get round to rebuilding my car I'll need new pins. Hopefully they can be sourced..

Pins no problem to source, not necessary to renew.

Good hammer and a good drift and lots of room are the keys to success. And don't hit the wing. No pressure.

Cheers guys for all your responses - looks like i'll need to get some of my male mates with muscles to help me lol.
The other thing I'll need to look at is the key and alarm system and also electric windows - which I am hoping are just plug n play - if you see what I mean.
Cheers Pixieboo

1. Wind down Windows
2. Few blocks of wood under door (I jack till car just starts to lift, fit couple of blocks so just snug.
3. Long long posidrive screwdriver and then once pin is up enough to slot 10mm spanner under top of pin
4. Gently tap spanner up to extract pins ( get both almost clear of holding door, then get someone to support door as you tap last bit of pins
5. Twist and unplug multi plug

A job I hope never to have to do again!
Hardest part is changing the door, you need to take the window frame out to change the lock and the rest is plug and play as you say. After reassembling you may need to adjust your window so it sits properly in the frame again without pinching the rubber at the top.
Good luck
Hanz

Latest posts

Back