Headlight help

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackkit

Hi, I freely will admit I am a total novice at anything on cars, at the moment but I am willing to learn and try!
My headlights are reasonable, the bulb was described as a projector? By the fab guy who sourced my Puma, if that means anything. But to me the outer casing looks pretty yellowed and hazed with tiny crackling. Meaning strong Hal's of light against them. Before it gets to the point where I'm driving in the dark daily, I'd like to do something about that.
I read in newbie questions about Megs plastx, looked it up and there's a few types. I don't currently have a drill but I'm sure I can borrow one easy enough.
Will this be enough to restore some level of clarity? And if do which do I go for?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    544.9 KB · Views: 2,808
Quixx sell a headlight restoration kit which you don't need a drill for and the kit is freely sold in The Range for around £11.

I bought this kit for my Puma's headlights and if you follow the instructions then the results are pretty damn decent.

That's great! I can pass by there tomorrow easy enough and grab one to try. Inside look pretty much clean, so hopefully this will do the trick. :grin:

A productive afternoon and I now have shiny clear lights!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    630.6 KB · Views: 2,764
looking good, need to do mine before the winter, mines inside as well as the rubber seal has split on the outside of the headlamp

Thanks. :p I'm pleased with it. I have discovered I have a loose connection in driver side rear tail light now though. That's the one with the mid brake light wired through it too right from reading around? A tap on the casing re-lights it, but presumably is doing the opposite as I drive. Looks like that is my next task!

Latest posts

Back