Took the plunge

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian cox

Hi All,
I have just bought my first Puma.
I have had a whole host of other cars but I believe you cannot beat the grin per pound of the Puma. What more do you need air, PS and ABS and. Yamaha derived engine that revs to 6.5? The handling is unreal and a 4.5 star Evo rating is good enough for me.

Please see below the picture of my 1.7 Thunder that I have just clayed, and polished. Not bad for a 41k from new 3 owner car and yes prices are on the up. Trader cannot get enough. In my deal I got a cam belt change and new clutch.

I will be asking lots of questions, mostly silly, as I try to perfect my car.

The first question is how do you post up images?

Speak soon Ian

Welcome Ian!

You can host your images on a site like *Photobucket or Flickr. Once uploaded each photo should have a link which can be used to access/display the photos. You need to copy the links that starts and ends with the IMG /IMG tags. Copy and paste that link in to your thread on here to display the pictures.

You can upload your pictures to your Projectpuma gallery instead but I find the image size constraints are a bit tight for pictures taken with some phones/cameras.

*Photobucket has been painfully slow for a while now and seems to take an eternity to use the site so bare this in mind when choosing your hosting site.

ian cox said:
[post]363341[/post]

I will be asking lots of questions, mostly silly, as I try to perfect my car.

Speak soon Ian

We were all new to the Puma once! Ask away..

:eek:k:

Hi
I thought the 6 shiny rocker cover bolts need replacing and amazingly that Ford still do them
They look either chrome or bright nickel plated.
Either may there are 3 off F1042419 bolt - hex head and 6 off F1042416 - screw.
The former are 5.17 each plus VAT and the latter 4.06 each plus VAT.
Total cost £47.84 !!!
Does lift the engine bay though.

The parcel shelf kept falling in the boot as the cords going up to the tailgate kept coming off their pegs. The plastic cord loops were too warn to stay on the pegs.
After replacing a missing peg F1067548 2 off at £1.16 each plus VAT I replaced the 2 cords F1096448 at £12.08 each plus VAT.
Once done parcel shelf all fixed.

Other jobs to do include: -
1) Replace the water pump, idler wheel and aux belt
2) Replace the third brake light, lens cracked F1121264 stop lamp, NLA at Ford. Looking for NOS, New Old Stock/brand new. Anyone out there.
3) Get the wheels stripped and powder coated by a proper wheel repair house al a Porsche wheel repair type offering- any recommendations in the Home Counties area.
4) Find the pop rivots that hold the low rubber spoiler in place, 4 had come undone.- again NOS parts please.

There is lots of others stuff as well.

I have already carried out a full service, cam belt change, clutch replaced, recharged and de odourised the A/C, replaced the HCV.
Throughly cleaned, clay bared and used Zymol polish on the car. Cleaned and fed the leather.

Enough of me going on as I am sure many other forum users have done the above.

See you at Silverstone

Ideally, you should have done the water pump when you replaced the cam belt kit. It's possible, but more difficult to do it afterwards:
https://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=16797

You might also consider replacing the thermostat housing (which is "plastic"), and can crack at the most inconvenient time/place.

Hi
Pictures of my car. Some of you may have seen it at Silverstone.
A work in progress.

[image] /image]

[image] /image]

I am having so much fun with 125hp. :grin: :thumbs:

Latest posts

Back