Plungers and Door open warning light

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LunarLizard

Hiya

I've read so many forums and done Google searches but my boot is giving me a open warning light. I know it is closed.

On a few forums people say to press the plunger under the bonnet or to check the micro switch but I cannot find reference to where these are or what they look like. Nor what to do once I find them

Any help would be appreciated.

Also anyone got ideas on how to my my headlights clear again as they are very foggy

As far as the headlights go - might need to do a full refurb:

https://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=22774&start=65

If you have a "boot open light" - When the boot is open you will see four brass plungers on the hatch, and four corresponding copper tabs on the rear panel. Make sure the contact points are clean and free from corrosion, I suggest you use one of the toothbrush sized brass wire brushes, or possibly a scotchbrite. One of the copper tabs is sprung, gently push in and release a few times, as the contact within can also suffer from corrosion, but is not easily accessible to clean. I think from memory this is the boot switch.

If you have a bonnet open light, there should be a small black plastic plunger on the slam panel - again, push it in and out to give the contacts a clean.

Latest posts

Back