Hi All

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emma-F

Thanks for the add.
I have a Ford Puma 1.7 S Reg with very low mileage (around 48,000). I am based in the Highlands of Scotland. Unfortunately the steering pipe on my little car rusted away and I had to get a new one made for it, as Ford don't make the part anymore. It was working fine but started leaking! My MOT is due mid August and I don't think it will pass. Any ideas on what to do next would be greatly appreciate. Thanks in advance. :)

Hi Emma, welcome to the forum.
Have a look for IanG, he has lots of good second hand parts for sale. I'm sure he wil have what your looking for.

Regards,
Rob.

I would check first exactly where the new pipe is leaking from . It maybe as simple as tightening up a threaded fitting or sealing with ptfe tape or require an o ring or hydraulic washer.

It would be very unusual for a recently replaced pipe to require replacing, unless it's suffered mechanical damage from something.

Welcome to the site.

As above, probably best to start with finding out where it's leaking from and going from there, not sure how a newly fabricated pipe would start leaking as it wouldn't have corroded at all yet. Maybe it's just come a bit loose?

Thanks for the helpful tips. My local mechanic that had the part made and spent a lot of time trying to sort the leak out has put a sealant on the pipe, so it has stopped leaking for now but he thinks the vibration from the road caused the leak. How do I get hold of Ian G to try and get a new pipe.

Latest posts

Back