First Post with new Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garydpoole

Hello all

As the title says, this is the first post with my recently acquired Thunder:

P1060332_resized_zpsqvsi7zfz.jpg

Really pleased with the car, first registered in 2002, just rolled over 42K (on the A1 driving it home) with FSH and 1 lady owner since 2003. Although not in this photo (taken at dealer where it was bought) it has the original "Gates Ford" number plates, which, although a little tired after 17 years, went straight back on !

Couple of niggly issues encountered so far, one of which is that both front door cards are a bit loose. After taking the driver's side off, I discovered that the plastic moulding below had come detached from the inside of the card. It looks like is was originally just glued in place ?

P1060343_resized_zps4mqopmpb.jpg

Just wondering if anyone has any advise on how (or even if) the part can be relocated. I have access to a hot glue gun, but somehow, I just can't see how it could be stuck on hard enough to withstand the force of the clips holding it to the door frame.

Speaking of clips, a couple of the ones along the bottom of the card broke off. They look like tiny black, 'lollipops", which push into mating plastic recesses and are not the same as those running up the side by the door lock.

Any help much appreciated !

Regards

Gary

Welcome to the site, sounds like you have a nice example there.

All of the clips were the same originally, they would have been a single piece that pushes in and were later replaced with the 2 part affair as far as I recall.

Not sure about that other part, good luck.

Hi and welcome. Nice looking Thunder and a similar mileage to my Puma.

Latest posts

Back