New Millenium owner

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enndee

Hi everyone, my wife and I recently bought a Millenium edition which has had all the body problems sorted and a bare metal respray. There are still a number of minor jobs to do to get the car back to how it should be. It lives in the garage under a cover and although we will be using it occasionally, it will NEVER be used in the rain or if there is any chance of rain!! LOL!
One area which I am having great problems sourcing are the door top weather strips. Of course, Ford dealerships are unable to help and I have found one trim supplier in particular who has sent me samples of three different strips but although one is very close, it isn't quite there, the "U" channel isn't quite deep enough by about 4mm!!! Can anyone help please?

:cool: hello, welcome to the site!

It might be worth starting a new thread about the strips, I expect it might not get as much attention in this post. Good luck with sourcing them out though!

I’m sad enough to know the part numbers off by heart....

1068402 and 1068404

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F272863346493

Sadly I think the 1068402 is now no longer available

Hi
I replaced these and the numbers above are correct.
You will need to take off the door card and external mirror to replace them. Would be wise to buy some door trim clips as well as you may break some. These are 1044806. It appears the new parts are disappearing fast so grab the trims whilst you can as they will need replacing as they rust from the inside out.

Kind regards Ian

Thank you XAF and Ian Cox! Knowing the part numbers I have been able to source both of them and thanks for the info on fitting them. Only a member for one day and already a headache cured! Thank you so much guys!

Welcome fellow "millie" owner, my "buttercup" has been under her cover since last year awaiting me having free time to look at a couple of issues.
Took the cover of Monday and charged the battery, fired her up without any bother....now of course its raining!!!!
Have fun with the car, best colour to have
Do we get to see pictures

Latest posts

Back