deposit on puma paid yesterday!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

actionman

Hi all(again) :wink:

I looked at 5 pumas yesterday. The last 1 of the day had a deposit put on it!! Not got any pics of it yet. I'll sort that out once i've picked it up later in the wk!! Here's some info

2000X silver 1.7i 16v
42.5k miles
FSH
2 prev owners, last owner had it from 2002

Pretty good condition. The dealer i've bought it from pointed out a few cosmetic issues. Such as the usual rust on the rear arches, altho tbh it had the least i'd seen so far. Also has a bit of rust on the bottom of the drivers door. There's the odd tiny supermarket type ding, nothin major, then there was a lot of swirl marks on the paint from car wash abuse!!

Anyways, the dealer has his own body repair shop on the came premises as the car sales so all these niggles are gettin sorted with no extra charge. He's also giving it a full service as there's also a service garage as part of his business!! All in all i'm gettin a pretty good deal!! :yay:

I took it for a long test drive on my own & it drove spot on!! No unusual noises etc!!

So i'm chuffed & can't wait to pick it up next wk!! I've already been lookin at rear spoilers, suspension kits, exhausts etc etc!!

Craig :cool:

Well done - hope this week doesn't drag too much for you!

:cheer:

:thumbs:

Congratulations, it sounds as though you are chuffed with it :D

Enjoy!

actionman said:
So i'm chuffed & can't wait to pick it up next wk!! I've already been lookin at rear spoilers, suspension kits, exhausts etc etc!!

Cambelt been changed yet?
5 years/80,000 miles, whichever comes first. If it hasn't, forget about the above until it's done.

Didn't know Happycat was a member on here! :p lol

I should hope it has had it's cambelt changed with a FSH. Though if it hasn't I would insist that the dealer get that rectified before you pick it up. Either that, or knock about £300 off whatever you're paying for it. ;)

YOG said:
actionman said:

Cambelt been changed yet?
5 years/80,000 miles, whichever comes first. If it hasn't, forget about the above until it's done.

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=40490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Already reminded ;)

If you like - be good to have Kate's knowledge here.

:eek:k:

Err... you suggested it Rick!

:D

Dal said:
Err... you suggested it Rick!

:D

Yea right, "tongue in cheek".
Anyway you don't need her, as you already remind people about the cambelt change. :p

Quick phone call yesterday & now the cambelt is getting done including tensioner etc :wink:

Oh & i've also bought a rear spoiler from ebay while i was at work last night!!

All sounds good :D

Bet you cant wait to pick her up now.....

...out of interest what spoiler have you bought?

Back