Hi to all Thunder owner!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BabaCem

So i sign up a few days ago been going through the forum as much as possible
Having 3 kids gives me limited time.

As like everyone else i have been a fan of the Puma since it came out back in the late 90's

when i was just a little kid walking back from school i would just stare at them and say one day!

Now after almost 20 years i have one!

97k miles
Magnum Grey
full leather
near to FSH (Full Service History)
and a tiny bit of rush coming from the N/S rear arch

introduction over

So i have a few questions if anyone can help

My door shevles are loose i found this on ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20x-Door-Card-Interior-Panel-Trim-Clips-for-some-Ford-Fiesta-Puma-Fusion/291671838599?fits=Car+Make%3AFord%7CModel%3APuma&hash=item43e8ff0f87:g:MRgAAOSwL7VWqfYN

When i mean loose there attached but not fully it hangs down a little so when i go to close the door it slams on it self
Would these work ?

Looking to do a few more things on the inside

just a thought has anyone got something like this?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Androi-7-1-9-1080P-Double-2Din-Touch-Screen-Quad-Core-1-16G-Car-Stereo-Radio-GPS/113237398922?fits=Car+Make%3AFord%7CModel%3APuma&epid=12023492773&hash=item1a5d79958a:g:FyEAAOSwA7dbkzWr

Welcome to the site.

We call them door cards, it depends why they are lose but usually it's like you've already found. The clips have broken when someone has taken the door card off and they have not replaced them with new ones.

On the stereo you've posted, it's not a direct fit, the Puma is not a double din, it's more like a 1.5, people have used 2din but it's hard to make it look tidy.

Single DIN slot size 50 mm High x 180 mm Wide.
Double DIN slot size 100 mm High x 180 mm Wide.
Puma 6000/6006 radio metal case is a little under 90 mm High x a little under 180 mm Wide.
90 mm / 50 mm = 1.8
So the metal case is slightly smaller than 1.8 DIN.

https://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32870&p=373551&hilit=din+radio#p373551

hey thanks for all the replies

I understand now the DIN measurements works thanks for that too!

Just tried to see how the door cards are loose and it is the clips.

so looked over the car alot today
Went through all the paper work of to see everything that has been done

Just noticed i can't seem to find a CAM-BELT change anywhere.

Haven't used the car much at all just want to check over everything that needs doing.

Hi I've had my Thunder for just over a year now. You can find the the door card clips on ebay for a few quid and as far as the timing belt is concerned A Ford dealer will probably tell you that the belt needs changing at 100000 miles. When I bought mine I did some checking and was advised to change it at 80000 miles it 76500 when I got it

The cambelt is 5 years or 80,000 miles which ever occurs first. Should be on the 4th by now for earlier ones.

The original interval was 10 years or 100,000 miles but it was reduced.

Hey thanks

So I definitely need to get it changed

Is there anyway to see or check if it has been changed?

Got my head under the car exhaust looks really bad thinking
Of changing that. Don't want anything that's noisy.

Anyone gor experience with the air filter tried to get it out
Screws are all rusty and jammed might replace that too

The air filter is an easy replacement assuming you can open it, maybe spray some WD40 at it and leave it overnight. I don't recall exactly but I thought that they were screwed in to plastic. Most people just opt for a standard paper replacement unless you're looking to maintin a cotton one.

I don't think there's any way to check the cambelt has been changed, usually it'd be in the service book and occassionally it gets marked in the engine bay in someway like a sticker.

Ahh thanks! that explains it

Yea the screws are on the plastic box just not coming out will try tomorrow

I saw this on ebay but i really just want to keep it standard

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Puma-1-7i-16v-RAMAIR-Induction-Intake-Air-Filter-Kit-LIFETIME-WARRANTY/350632269891

But if it does help with a little more power and hopefully doesn't change the noise will be getting that.

Possibly just changing the colour to black
Then keep the originals.

So i been checking head lights too 9005 hb3 is what i seem to understand is the right ones

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/9005-HB3-H10-LED-Headlight-Bulbs-6500K-Super-Bright-Plug-Play-CREE-Error-Free/383191863857?fits=Car+Make%3AFord%7CModel%3APuma%7CCars+Type%3A1.7+16V%7CPlat_Gen%3AEC_%7CCars+Year%3A2001%7CBodyStyle%3ACoupe%7CVariant%3AEC_+%5B1997-2002%5D+Coupe%7CEngine%3A1679ccm+125HP+92KW+%28Petrol%29&epid=28009003639&hash=item593803d231:g:LkcAAOSwKRtdlus6#UserReviews

Any recommendations?
And are these the right types?

Thanks again

That cone filter will unlikely improve performance above just replacing the filter with a new one. Also it's likely to give more of an induction noise when you accelerate (like an air sucking noise).

No recommendations from me on bulbs except I'd usually styick with known brands or you'll end up keep replacing them.

Thanks!

So off i went to the local scrap yard today
And saw this

Door cards where removed saw the clips still on them
But looked very different from the ones u can buy
From ebay looked more like a single pin

rear taillights looks abit bad
My dirvers side rear has a crack was looking to get that
Quoted 25 for one

Got a few bits small bits that didn't come with mine
1.Owner manual
2.Drivers side door handle plastic bit was snapped
3.Original jack that srews into the car only problem was
to release the spare from boot that small screw wasn't there.
4. The srew caps from the door cards now looks all flush

Thats for both sides they where missing to.

Ow and original reading lights that goes at
the top of the car my left and right wasn't working when bought.

All of that, nothing big came to £10

When leaving i was told they had another puma

It was Black and had been in a accident left side
Had some fox like allow wheels on it
air filter box was crack too
Got them to start the car i was impressed gave the car a much more grunty sound

Rear taillights perfect!

Now i only need the right side but is 25 a far price?

Ow and it had LEDS all over!
Number plate, boot, headlights, interiors just not the high beam looked really good
And for some reason the rearlights looks good!
Really bright and vibrant could the rear be leds too?

The door clips are originally 2-piece.
The following pics show each of the 2 pieces attached to the door and the panel, prior to assembly.
The second pic shows one clip missing (left of the foam block). I might be wrong, it's a long time since I refitted mine, but my recollection is that it may have been a one-piece yellow connector, not a 2-piece.

Also, can't see your images. How did you upload them?

£25 for a rear light sounds reasonable to me

Ahh that makes sense now thanks Yog

Has my pictures come up?

Need some help does anyone knows if my exhaust
Is sitting right?

Hey Red

Im on my mobile all the time
I tried to upload with add files
It uploads then says too large so i screenshot the images
and tried again still the same thing

Search the site saw a few how to upload
But none with mobile uploads