Hello everyone!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R_C

Just wanted to say hi. I'm a 34 year old male that's been looking to buy a Puma for a few months now.
I've seen 4 so far and if price negotiations go right I'll be the proud owner of a 1.7 in a few weeks.
I work as a technician (not mechanics related) during the day and go to mechanic classes in the evening once a week for fun.

Few notable project so far:

-Carburetor, air box and exhaust upgrade on a Honda Hornet 600.
-Repairing the hybrid battery on a Prius for 50€ (quoted 2500€+ by the dealer).
-Swapping the front end of a Golf MK4 with one from a Audi TT (subframe, swaybar, whishbones, steering rack).

The main goal here is to have a weekend car to blast down B roads, occasional track days and the Nürburgring.

Planned work:

-Upgraded front brakes from a Fiesta ST 150 (already bought)
-Suspension refresh

That's about it for the moment. I'll share future updates when available.

Thanks for contributing to this forum and sharing a wealth of valuable information.

Kind regards,

R_C

Hi Mate
Just be careful if you're thinking about buying a Puma now. Have a real good look underneath before you buy as most of them (apart from the ones that have really been looked after) will be rotting underneath, particularly around the rear beam mounts which is a MOT failure.
Barry

:cool: great introduction!

I'm quite interested by the Audi to Golf front end swap, What did that look like when complete?

Glad you're enjoying the site, it's mostly the appreciation like that that keeps it online after nearly 13 years.

Latest posts

Back