I have just bought a yellow Puma.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rallyali

Hi there, I have just bought a Puma Millennium. The car has lived in Cornwall for the last 20 years so although a bit faded!!! is in reasonable condition and has lovely low mileage of 76,000. I had admired this particular car for several years but I managed to secure a deal when the power steering pipe started leaking last week.
I have managed to source a replacement pipe in good condition, is it a straight forward job to replace? I plan to use the car for motorsport in the west country, either autosolo's or Targa rallies.
I live in deepest Cornwall so it would be good to hear from enthusiastic owners.
regards
Al

Big congrats, Al. Do you already have mods in mind that you would like to install on the car?

:cool: congrats! I believe there are a few members from down your way with interesting cars.

Welcome to the site.

Rhone said:
Do you already have mods in mind that you would like to install on the car?
Not too sure initially, I have seen standard looking cars being driven quickly so plan to get used to it first. A rear roll bar is a minimum requirement for some targa rallies, and full harness seat belts are very comforting. The seats are in lovely condition so may look at swapping the trim in the future.

Cornwall is the perfect place to drive a puma, at least off season while the tourists are away! For what it's worth I've been slowly modifying mine and have got the following. All mainly affordable bits done over the course of a couple of years. (this list doesn't include the bodywork repairs which I wouldn't classify as affordable!).

4-2-1 exhaust manifold
Aftermarket cat
Centre silencer delete
Hoffman rear silencer
Mondeo 2.0 throttle body
Ground-out inlet manifold to suit
Iridium spark plugs
+20mm rear beam spacers
Powerflex rear beam bushes (but I would not recommend these especially for Cornish roads)
Fiesta ST150 front brakes
Braided hoses
Top and bottom strut braces, rear strut brace
Recaro seats from Millennium

About to fit new higher pressure fuel regulator - I'm hoping it'll pass mot first.

Next on the list is an ECU upgrade if I can find someone or somewhere affordable to do it.

Hey I'm in Cornwall with a red 1.7 and part of Camel Vale motor club. I've got coilovers on it at the moment but putting it back on standard struts as it's too hard a ride on these ol Cornish roads. Is this Milly from Tintagel by any chance? I've also fitted yellow Samco coolat kit under the bonnet and have a rare as rocking horse poop Ford Racing Puma fixed bucket seat to fit..

Latest posts

Back