Puma conversion mk1 focus

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keeny1996

Hi all, new to pumas and their engines, had alot of fiestas but this is my first focus.. So my old man wants rid of his focus after I gave him a mini for Christmas.. I've bought it for peanuts (£150 2 owner car 3dr no rust) and there's noting wrong with it apart from the clutch being high.. I've seen the puma lump dropped into fiestas millions of times but never into the focus? Has anyone done this before? I have bought a puma engine, loom, gearbox, transponder ext ext, stripped it, painted it and removed the ac and power steering pumps ready to go in. The focus is a 1.6 and on the fiestas the 1.6 is the zetec s which is most commonly swapped. These are both se engines so in my mind the 1.7 should be plug and play... If anyone has any advice or has done this before it would be much appreciated.. I have a few head scratches before I attempt the swap, will the focus clocks work with the puma engine? And will the 1.6 maf work on the 1.7? Cheers 👍

:cool: I've never done an engine conversion, so mainly here to wish you the best with the project and to say that Focus engines have been fitted in to Pumas so I imagine it would work the other way around.

I suppose the reason it's not a common choice this way around is because you can already get good power Focus lumps that would give more power than the 1.7, whereas the Fiesta is more limited and the 1.7 gives a relatively straight forward power increase.

Latest posts

Back