Help with a special tool

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winchman

Hello
I recently bought a job lot of tools from a bloke leaving the motor trade for my son who is an apprentice just starting out. In amongst them is a special tool still in its packaging, would any one know what its for and why you need it.
Label says AST4629
Crankshaft Pulley Remover & Installer Set - For Ford / Mazada, ZR-36ETTS272 - ZIMBER TOOLS.
Applications: Ford; FISTA/COURIER(-02)1.25/1.4/1.6-16 v, PUMA1.4/1.6(-98)/1.7(-02)16v.
MAZDA 121/1.25016v.
Engine Codes: FHD, FHF, L1W, MHA, MHB.

https://zimber-tools.eu/en/crankshaft-pulley-remover-installer-set-for-ford-mazada-zr-36etts272-zimber-tools.html

:cool: should your son not keep it in his tool arsenal? It seems to work across a number of vehicles according to the description.

He doesn't work on cars he is an apprentice spark, we bought it as it had everything he needed and he could sell the car specific stuff

Ah that makes sense, well I'd say it's quite a niche tool in that I wouldn't expect many DIYers to be looking for them for single use, more likely a trade.

eBay would give the biggest target audience in one hit for all of the applicable vehicles so would be my choice. It's probably a useful bit of kit for someone looking for one.

As for price, no idea. I suspect that since you can still buy them new that it won't be mega money but might buy a few beers.

Thanks I think its going on Ebay for £50 along with some of the Snap On stuff that came with the box.
Cheapest on line is 98 Euro + shipping from Bulgaria I think?
Thanks for your help

Latest posts

Back