Hello there

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrik Polda

Hi, few months back I got my Puma as first real car. I'm from Czech Republic and I always loved cars. Currently my Puma has some problems and when I'm writing this it's not running but hopefully I get it running again soon.

PS.: Sorry for any spelling mistakes.

Hi there,welcome along :grin:
I hope you get your Puma running again soon,if there's any problems or questions then please feel free to ask...there are many helpful members here,so you're in the right place :wink:
Good luck with it!!

Well, when you talk about questions, I have one. When you turn the key on do you hear a fuel pump runinig the whole time or does it shut up after a few seconds? My dad says it isn't normal, me and one mechanic are thinking that it is. Also the problem why it isn't running seems to be fuel pump. We changed the plug today and it didn't help.

When you turn on the ignition the fuel pump should run for a couple of seconds then shut off indicating the fuel system is pressurised,it should NOT run continuously until the engine has been started.
If the car has been sitting for a while older fuel pumps can become problematic,becoming sticky with old fuel(they are submerged in the fuel tank)...check the fuse and relay.As a last resort giving the fuel tank a "thump" with your fist from underneath can bring a sticking pump back to life again...worth a go!! :wink:

We checked the fuse and relay. I'll try to give it a thump from underneath. I don't think it'll do anything but I can try. It worked 2 or 3 times on top of the floor but that stopped working. I also think that previous owner rolled the odometer so that might be also a part of a reason why is it doing that. He also removed the HCV for some reason but I got that from some wrecked car. I really hope I can get it running again soon.

HCV bypass is common if the old one has failed (which is common).

Welcome to the site, good luck getting her up and running again.

Latest posts

Back