Different Gear Surround?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleFraser

Hello everyone!

Can anyone provide any history on the gearbox surround I have that has the puma logo with VCT written below , I've only ever seen the one fitted to my silver R reg and wondered if it were a limited run or some other specialty piece

Hello! The VCT badge was applied to the earlier cars 97/98 (P,R and maybe S), from around 99 onwards they weren't added.

I read somewhere on here that only they first 1500 produced had them, not sure of the source for that though.

It only got brought up when I met another enthusiast recently who pointed it out, he also echoed the first 1500!

Wouldn't this in theory suggest it should also have come with one of the etched gear knobs or were the drivers days optional?

Many thanks for your reply, on step closer to solving the mystery :lol:

Well the knobs were for the first 1500 but I don't recall whether it was optional, second to that that a lot of them have since been sold on separately once found in the back of the cupboard or wherever they got stored.

Latest posts

Back