Gifted a red 1.4..

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtir666

Hi everybody,

Long story short my dad bought this puma for mum many years ago for her 50th birthday (she's now 64!) and was a second car even back then, spent most of its time stored in the garage. Since my dad passed away in 2018 my mums been hanging on to it for sentimental reasons but I finally persuaded her to do something with it rather than leaving it to rot away in the garage.

Its MOT an failure (nothing serious, leaky brake pipes perished tyres) so I said I'd get it fixed up then we can decide what to do with it which basically ended with her giving it to me as I'd been talking about wanting a cheap run around car.

Just want to get it tidied up and do a few subtle mods to get it driving and looking a bit nicer :)

Welcome to the site.

First step I'd say would be to make sure it's in good condition and has had if needed all the usual perishable items checked / replaced (bushes, top mounts, brake components, fluids etc)

Good luck

Thank you red,

Its had all filters and oil changed now, four tyres and rear wheel cylinders were seized.. Just needs brake flexis and rear metal pipes and that's the mot passed.. Next is exhaust back box as it has a big hole in it. Trying to decide whether to get a standard one or something that makes a bit noise.. Then its on to bushes etc.

Well call me soppy but I think that’s lovely! Go for it and I hope you keep it for a while, can’t beat those sort of memories :)

The Klarius rear box works well and is quiet and readily available from Eurocarparts.

Thanks carpy63 im hoping to keep it for some time unless repairs get to much but so far so good..

@DOH I got the cheapest one I could find in the end because I couldn't decide, 30 quid with a clamp.. fitted and looks ok so it will do for now :grin:

Latest posts

Back