Hi. New Puma owner with a few questions . . .can you help.?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denise

Hi everyone,

I've just bought my first Puma. Very pretty and I'm lovin' it. I've always had Fiesta's before, but I'm fast turning into a Puma convert. She's 'Metalic Pather Black' and so shiny, and really nippy after a 1.2 ghia Fiesta, it's just great to drive.

I have a vibration noise, not mechanical though... I think it's from the parcel shelf.
Today someone told me all Puma's are the same.... is this the case?
Are there any remedies I could try to dampen down the noise a bit?

I've also got an intermittant windscreen washer fault, sometimes it'll spray water okay, other times nothing happens ! Does anyone have any tips or will I need to buy a complete water bottle unit?

I look forward to hearing from all you other Puma lovers.
Great forum with loads of interesting 'Puma' comments to catch up on.

Thanks for now
ttfn
Denise

Welcome to the site!

Glad you're enjoying everything Puma!

With the parcel shelf I'd try and find out what it was vibrating on and then think of a solution, maybe some pieces of rubber.

The washer problem might be the motor? Can you hear it whir when you spray it?

quick way to rule it out would be remove the shelf and go for a drive! might be something else back there?!

welcome!!!

The Jack and Spare wheel holder are at the rear of the car, Jack is located in Left hand side of the boot as you look into boot, in its own cubby hole, Spare wheel holder is located under the car, and is held in place by a bolt, which you can see/tighten/loosen, by lifting up the boot carpet nearest to you when you stand looking into the boot

Hello and welcome :)

My washers were blocked with the same issue of intermittant spurts, my motor was working and you hear a whirrrring. Give them a clean and run through some nice warm water then fill with your usual stuff. (I like apple and pear scented)!

That noise could be the heat shield by the exhaust, mine was driving me batty. Or maybe your rear seats arent 'clicked' into place.

Hope you get it sorted! x :)

Hi,

Thanks for the tips, only collected the car last weekend and it's been dark when I've got home from work every night, so haven't had anytime this week to have a 'play'. But planning on sorting out the minor niggles this weekend.

My younger brother is a real 'car nut', so planning on taking a trip to see him tomorrow and hope he'll have some ideas too.

cheers everyone

Latest posts

Back