How to remove a broken spark plug

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My method for doing this was found from necessity as i was changin plugs for a friend when one snapped clean off at the head. Unfortunately i ddnt think to take any pics as i was going.

Step 1:
Before doing anything soak whats left of the plug in wd40 or whatever your prefered release agent is and let sit for as long as u can to soak in.
Surround the broken plug with the thickest grease uv got to catch any debris and prevent it falling into the cylinder in step 2

Step 2:
Disconnect all plug leads, put something lke an old jumper over the top of the engine then turn the engine over the compression in the cylinder will pop the electrode and any ceramic left out and should hopefully be caught by the grease or stopped by the jumper.

Step 3:
Clean up all the grease and bits of plug from around the hole. Now u can either hammer a t55 torx bit into the middle of it or use a reverse thread screw extractor thing and turn it out.

Hope it helps someone :eek:k:

Latest posts

Back