Repair your Key Fob (if new battery and reprogramming fails)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audio84

Hey,

If this has been explained before or is already a common fix, then feel free to tell me (I'll ask an admin to remove the thread).

I thought I'd share a little tip that could save a bit of cash. My girlfriends KA has the same key fob as the puma, which was also faulty. After reprogramming it and changing the battery, it was still temperamental. Towards the end, it failed to work completely.

As Ford's price to fix this is usually your next born child, I thought I'd share what I did to fix mine.

Problem: Key Fob buttons rarely work or don't work at all.

I found that the buttons had actually came off the circuit board. The solder can sometimes grow weaker over time and eventually come off, causing the button to become temperamental / useless.

Quick fix:

These images I've made are pretty much self explanatory.

51902804.png

94234707.png

51180002.png

72855210.png

Like said, make sure the contacts on the button are touching the contacts on the board. The same goes for any of the buttons on the board. If this works, then you could find a more permanent solution to hold the button in place - but to be honest, I've used blue-tack on mine and it's still going strong months down the line.

Hope this helps! :)

Back