Alcantara Steering Wheel Template

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Williamsclio1

Thought that this might be useful for others:

26625e3f.jpg

Absoulte minimum per side I would suggest is 10 x 7.5 inch. Based on that the minimum you'd need to fully retrim a steering wheel is either 20 x 7.5 inch or 15 x 10 inch.

Thanks Williamsclio1 :)

Was a little bored at work and decided to do this from your material:

templateyo.jpg

Hope that makes things easier for everyone, but credit goes to William for the material :eek:k:

Surely people realise a trimmer cannot re-trim a wheel with a piece of material that big :!: :eek:

The closest thing i can thing of is like wanting to wrap cling film over your bowl of beans...and someone hands you a piece thats cut to size for the top circumference of the bowl.... completly rediculous i know, but thats exactly what trimmers face would say... :lol:

Chris

el dude said:
Surely people realise a trimmer cannot re-trim a wheel with a piece of material that big :!: :eek:

The closest thing i can thing of is like wanting to wrap cling film over your bowl of beans...and someone hands you a piece thats cut to size for the top circumference of the bowl.... completly rediculous i know, but thats exactly what trimmers face would say... :lol:

Chris

On that's basis then at least it's some sort of guide, so having at least a few inches more is the absolute minimum.

The right hand side is stood up slightly in the photo but like what you did audio84.

Will take another photo tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back