how to; remove door 'frame', window, adjust, etc

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacko

its late so i will cont. 2mrw...

how to remove door window frame (mine was rusty!)

remove 3 screws (1 torx) on interior door card

pic

there are 'pop' fasteners around sides & bottom of door card, gently prise each one undone & lift card up to unhook seal to window
dont move too far, unclip electrics

remove speaker, unclip mirror, remove 3x 8mm mirror nuts (long socket needed), undo 2 screws that clamp window glass at bottom of runner

undo 4x 13mm door frame bolts, 1 easily found at top near door exterior handle ish, one behind cap directly below (door 'end'), other 2 are similar but harder to see at other 'end' near 'a' pillar. undo nut where mirror was

slide out frame and glass together. need a friend ideally

replace!

can be a bit fiddle to feed the frame back in around the lock mechanism
have window mechanism fully at top to help
i replace all screws with stainless

how to adjust frame;

there is some leeway as to where you can get the frame to sit as far as height and angle are concerned....

by undoing the lower bolts and gently applying pressure you can adjust the angle of the door frames and get them sitting well against the rear quarter glass

by undoing all you can adjust its overall height

bear in mind the door MUST;

close!

seal from water!

'looks' come 3rd but i still managed to get it looking better than it left the factory......it all depends on the seal; if it looks like its flush the the chassis etc...just have patience

Latest posts

Back