FRP Air Box

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3Ddunk

I will edit this later and add to it.

FRP airbox
IMG_5131.jpg

Standard 1.7 airbox
IMG_5132.jpg

Top of airbox

FRP left - Standard with resonator right

IMG_5114.jpg

Plastic welds
IMG_5120.jpg

Break welds
IMG_5121.jpg

Resonator removed
IMG_5122.jpg

Lower part of airbox

The hole

IMG_5153.jpg

IMG_5154.jpg

IMG_5155.jpg

IMG_5156.jpg

IMG_5157.jpg

IMG_5158.jpg

IMG_5159.jpg

IMG_5160.jpg

B&Q pipe 185mm long and 68mm in diameter.

IMG_5161.jpg

IMG_5162.jpg

IMG_5163.jpg

IMG_5164.jpg

IMG_5165.jpg

IMG_5166.jpg

IMG_5167.jpg

IMG_5168.jpg

IMG_5169.jpg

IMG_5170.jpg

IMG_5171.jpg

On the FRP the elbow coming out of the airbox into the wing is left on but the top odd shaped resonator is removed and capped off and the hoes is cut shorter and used at the front.

IMG_5129.jpg

IMG_5130.jpg

FAIR DOES SIMPLE YET ULTRA EFFECTIVE
...i used the some of the parts of my old airbox like the pipe flared ends etc.

On the FRP it's in front of the the radiator
Ive stolen this picture from Grayfox on pp this is what i fitted, he boughts some motorsport spec duct pipe to do this
frontairfeed.jpg

i would love it. how much for a little piece the size of the piece im after in this post 185mmx68mm?

TyeBoi said:
i would love it. how much for a little piece the size of the piece im after in this post 185mmx68mm?

if your collecting it you can have the lot free, if you want it posting, price of postage will do.

i will pay postage i think mate

i dont need a lot so if u cut off a piece like 30cms long so it gives me a bit of play and just stuck it in some bubble wrap i bet that wouldnt be too expensive to send out? I will PM you my address and then if you get me a quote for postage i will send it you over paypal if you like?

Once the standard airbox has been converted into the frp style, does it still need a cold air feed? Or does the extended pipe do the job?

I was thinking that the air beneath the extended pipe must be cool anyway? It appears to be lower down in the engine bay away from sources of heat.

Plus the fact that the air is rammed straight in, without having to make its way round the bends of a cold air feed.

Opinions please... :?

when i did the FRP box without a cold feed it lacked power when booting it all of a sudden. once i got the cold air feed the throttle response was much better

for the frp iv made a custom cold air duct that sits behind the passenger side bumper mesh and linked the 2 with a short bit of motorsport ducting & that helps. is a little better than taking a cold air feed to the radiator grill too but the cold air duct i make wont fit a std puma...

Did the airbox upgrade today thanks to this handy guide :thumbs:

Managed to lean on the nib of the glue gun in the process, needless to say there is a burn on my arm, however it is nice and protected in a film of glue!

Here's my progress:

Sounds really nice on acceleration now :grin: Nice deep grunt.

Great guide 3Ddunk!

Hi all, i just want to ask what is the difference between original and this improved airbox? is reason to do it without other improvement or changes?
thx

Any one done this on a 1.4? I have just ordered an air box from a breaker on ebay (as well as a MAF and throttle body that will be on its way to Jako soon as they arrive) I hope to see what I can get my little car to do with a bit of fettling and some little mods lol
p.s any one got a bit of pipe left over in essex or that they can send for a reasonable amount?
regards shane

Latest posts

Back