FRP track rod arms (steering rack limiter)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacko

The steering rack on a racing puma IS IDENTICAL TO A STANDARD PUMA.

the wider 'steering rack' is achieved by using a longer track rod (at this time i am 90% sure its a focus track rod) BUT...

there is a steering limiter built into the alloy ball joint on the rod (cannot be seperated) and this is custom made to frp spec. HOWEVER...

all they did was make the ball joint a bit thicker where it threads onto the rack so its feasible to make a spacer and bolt / glue etc it on to do the same job.

puma

frp

lengths;
focus 14''
frp 13 3/4'' 350mm
puma 13'' 325

thickness of ball joint;
frp 34mm
puma 26mm

options;
make a spacer to fit to a focus rod(i will attempt to make a small stock of my own to sell on for an absolute minimum amount & i will also make all the drawings available so you can make your own)

dont bother with the limiter.....i am going to have a look at which chassis bits need to be making friends with the angle grinder to see if i can do away with my steering limiter & will post back if its feasible....

piccies; frp vs puma

just buy the rack limiter kit for the sportka ...far cheaper and works , although the lock then becomes a majr pain in the hoop, 3 point turns become 12 lol

Latest posts

Back