how to make frp full stainless front brake lines

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacko

im building my own set of frp brake lines with proper braided lines and fully reuseable stainless steel fittings and to a design better than ford (seem to be too long or badly shaped due to using cheaper parts...)

fronts;

just ordered all the bits (£109!!!!!!!) direct from goodridge
stainless bulkhead m10x1
stainless braided hose
stainless 45degree bango (will allow better fitting, use less hose, less 'kinks')
stainless unf bolt (gets rid of the horrible adapter)
washers
x2

will see how it works out....

rears;

have already done the rears using plated steel fittings but happy so will redo in stainless soonish....
steel ones were made for about £25 each. oem are £75 a pair!!!

bulkhead fitting
stainless braided hose
45 degree bango
m10 bolt
washers

using the bango to angle the hose out of the caliper has meant using much less hose and it fitting far better around the suspension etc.

the press on fittings ford use / most oem are not available in all the bango types so the oem design is compromised.

sounds good, im planning on running the brake lines inside my puma in full goodridge braided hose... gonna be exspensive but worth it in the end

yep, me too eventually. waiting til i do the engine conversion cos will have a better idea of space with regards to the master cylinder, pedal box etc

what are the specifications for the sizes for the front lines mate as you have just put stuff like unf

update;

iv used an m10 male bulkhead, with stainless nuts. you have to trim the bracket on the car a little as there is a built in 'clip' which needs chopping off so you can get the nut to tighten the bulkhead fitting in place....

goodridge braided hoes

45 degree bango, 2x copper washers and a 3/8 unf bolt

go for a hose length thats similar to the original unless you fancy experimenting.....its quite difficult to get them to sit right. if your going to have a play get spare brass unions to rebuild the hose

cutting the hose; mark correct length, wrap in masking tape, use a hacksaw gently, place nut over hose, spread braiding, push on union, add fitting, tighten nut onto fitting crushing braiding onto union to seal.... always always use fresh unions

Latest posts

Back