PUMA 1.7 CLUTCH REPLACEMENT

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crockett55

Hi got to replace the clutch on the 1.7 Puma, any tips and does the gearbox come out underneath ok , Cheers

ye it comes out fine from underneath. you doin it on a proper ramp or on the drive?
dont forget to have some gearbox oil at the ready as you might aswell replace that whilst your there.
you doin the slave cylinder too as it is advised that you do.
if you havent already bought the clutch yet have you considered the focus 1.8 clutch or the fiesta st clutch.
both 220mm od as opposed the the puma's 210mm so gives that little more bite although the focus item is alot 'softer' on the pedal.

this is the kit i put on mine. i made him an offer of 140 and he accepted so maybe try an offer of 130.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-PUMA-1-7-STAGE-1-FAST-ROAD-CLUTCH-KIT-/250650983405?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a5bf67bed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and jacko what do you think i should have done? you think the st or focus clutch would have been better option? or shall i go for a fast road st or focus one next time?

Thanks guys for your tips, i'm a ex vehicle technician but on the french stuff not a lot of ford stuff, cheers Dave. :grin:

Oh and i'm doing on garage floor with aid of an engine crane if needed to support, i'il take on board the idea of focus clutch etc, cheers dave

Latest posts

Back