Clutch adjustment

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deanjean

Hi, could anybody tell me if there is any adjustment to prevent clutch slip. The car is an s reg puma 1.7. Thanks fore any help. Regards Dean.

The clutch is hydralic on the puma- if it has a high bite point and slips- its most likly time for a new clutch and Slave cylinder.

If you have a new clutch + pressur plate then its the slave you need- which is the same as changing the clutch as its still a gearbox out job- and should really have been done when they did the clutch

There is a way to adjust the clutch so the pedal feels tighter/stronger - Ford used to do this for me when I used to take it there for a service back in the day.

Not sure how it's done though :?

simple, if its slipping ... Change it.

if its a new clutch then don't ride it on the biting point and try using the hand brake abit more may help.

its self adjusting hydraulic, im fairly sure theres no way of "tightening" and making the pedal harder other then bleeding, i think ford may have been pulling the wool lol, however im happy to be corrected

Scotty1.7 said:
The clutch is hydralic on the puma- if it has a high bite point and slips- its most likly time for a new clutch and Slave cylinder.

If you have a new clutch + pressur plate then its the slave you need- which is the same as changing the clutch as its still a gearbox out job- and should really have been done when they did the clutch

and don't we just know it! :evil:

Latest posts

Back