"Friday" R99 JRW - Very Picture Heavy

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What time will you be visiting LMS? I live very close and it would be absolutely awesome to come and see a real turbo puma in the flesh, especial yours!

Love reading through this topic, love the work you have put into the car too. :grin:

Davedrave said:
What time will you be visiting LMS? I live very close and it would be absolutely awesome to come and see a real turbo puma in the flesh, especial yours!

Love reading through this topic, love the work you have put into the car too. :grin:

Dependant on how we get on this week and everything complete, I'll get it loaded and down to LMS on Monday 16th.
And thank you, its been a culmination of a few members here to get this thing built.

Can't wait to see this again soon Mac, I hope everything goes to plan this week for you and you get the results your after at LMS.

If your still in the area of Essex on Monday evening, your more then welcome to pop round after I've finished at work.

Bentleya said:
Can't wait to see this again soon Mac, I hope everything goes to plan this week for you and you get the results your after at LMS.

If your still in the area of Essex on Monday evening, your more then welcome to pop round after I've finished at work.

Cheers,
it will be on its own, I wont be going down with the car but hopefully all goes to plan.
Just now theres not much attached to the engine itself, its one thing after another and it all needs to come off. In a good position to get things done but never know what problem is around the corner.

red said:
It's going to be excellent. :grin:

I really hope so, started off just a few things to change and mend but ive taken on a few changes also... wonder if ive taken on too much at once, but if we can pull it off.. this is a game changer right here.

I have a funeral to attend to that day but otherwise I would have been there to see it. When everyone has their car sorted and running well I think we should organise a little meet and drive or meet and track day? I have never been to a meet or track day and would love to attend one.

Hope all goes well with the work at LMS, my son has recently been hired by Chris to design them a new website and to do some work there over his summer holidays.

So a little teaser on some stuff that has already happened.

After having the IMTEC fitted to the car, there was a noticeable difference in alignment with the rear arch as the IMTEC was designed around a Cosworth running gear.
So we had to modify the rear running gear to have visual alignment with the car. This was a tricky part as the one thing we didn't want to do was compromise the geometry of the gear as that would have been a disaster in itself.

So not the rear running gear has been extended by 55mm to the rear and each side has been widened by 64mm from standard settings.

So I think you will now agree.. it looks shamdoozywaggily awesome!

You will also notice that the rear damper is now on an angle, interesting development. In theory this should help with dampening the force that pushes the rear of the car down on acceleration.

Whilst the beam was off I took the opportunity to give the rear a bit of a clean up. So a little bit of a rust treatment in the arches, Cleaned and spruced up the stub axles, disc shields and calipers along with some fresh underseal in the arch itself. I also treated the rear brakes to some new brakes hoses from Cobra Performance, and a lovely job they have done on making those things, nice little touches getting some copper washers and new clips with them too.

This is a small part of what has already happened, so more to follow.. look forward to Topless Tom!

The alignment on the back is a lot better!

I still love those wheels. :cry:

Are those still the tyres that I fitted on them?

CherryVimto said:
The alignment on the back is a lot better!

I still love those wheels. :cry:

Are those still the tyres that I fitted on them?

Yes, still the same tyres, only done about 250 miles in them, the car has been sat for Nye on a year.

Yep, just looked it up and a lady called Sarah had it until as recently as last year so I assume she still has it.

Does anyone know was happened with the engine ? I have just purchased a puma engine with exactly same manifold.. I can’t say it’s the same engine but definitely the manifold! I don’t believe it would be the same engine but you never know

Will93 said:
I have just purchased a puma engine with exactly same manifold..

Is it the 542 manifold? You would know if your car has the engine it was last fitted to, last I read 239bhp @ 9psi turbo boost and didn't look anything like stock.

IMG_1053_zps4a0c42f3.jpg

Yes it’s exactly the same manifold, it was pretty much a bare engine so I don’t no if it’s the same I don’t yet have it running yet so I don’t know the power

Latest posts

Back