When clean, she looks like this:
Ford Fair 2014:
Ford Fair 2013:
Just at home:
Fiesta in the Park 2012:
The goal is to keep the old girl running as well, and for as long, as is possible for a 15 year-old car. She recently ticked over:
80,000 miles (Aug 2012) - I fully intend to double that
85,000 miles (Nov 2012)
90,000 miles (Jan 2013).
92,000 miles (May 2013).
95,000 miles (October 2013).
97,000 miles (August 2014).
100,000 miles (November 2015).
101,984 miles (March 2016)
105,979 miles (March 2017)
- Audio Install - Genesis Series III Amp, Alpine iDA-X305S Head Unit, JL-Audio C2-525 components up front, Boston Acoustics S95 2-way 6x9's in modded rear bins, Auto Acoustics custom sub enclosure. Top work by El Dude.
- Full FRP Interior - Sparco bucket seats at the front, and rear bench, door cards, rear quarter trim in blue alcantara
- Gear stick gaiter with blue Puma logo and blue stitching
- Blue LED interior mod
- Installed a Scanguage II - YOG's guide here
- Posh embroidered Puma mats for everyday use, and original FRP mats, untouched by feet for show
- Focus 'Submarine' Interior Light mod
- Fiesta Ghia Clock and temp sensor mod
- Now defunct steering wheel column remote out of a Focus (for the original 6006 stereo which has now been replaced)
- Got a numbered gear knob from the first 1500 Pumas for everyday use (and another, unused in original box for show)
- Glovebox light mod
- Dual boot light mod
- Puma logo keyring
- Puma gear knob keyring
- Halfords Extreme Ultra Brilliance bulbs: available here.
- Smokey side repeaters
- Heated washer jet mod
- Replaced Ford badges with Puma logo badges from DMB Graphics
- All-important Project Puma stickers
- 'Thunder' Stickers
- Aero Wiper Blades
- Shiny FRP metal dust caps
- ECU tweaked for 99 Octane Fuel by Richard at Tremona Garage
GENERAL MAINTENANCE/STUFF REPLACED:
- Cambelt, tensioner, water pump, aux belt, idler pulley, rocker cover gasket (Oct 2013)
- New top mounts (Oct 2013)
- New HEGO sensor (Oct 2013)
- New Clutch / Slave Cylinder
- New Coil Pack
- New Ford HT Leads
- New MAF
- New HCV
- New N/S/F Lower Suspension Arm
- New Front Brake Hoses
- New Rear Brake Shoes
- New Front Antiroll bar drop links
- New Rear Axle Beam Bushes
- New N/S/R Wheel Bearing
- New Driver's Side Electric Window Motor Assembly
- New Aerial and Base
- New Number Plates
TO-DO IN 2015:
- Fix driver's side wing mirror - it's been knocked and something's snapped inside
- Get alloys refurbed (some lacquer corrosion here and there I'd like to get sorted) and new tyres all round, Uniroyal Rainsports or Michelin PE2s probably, plus shiny FRP metal valves to replace the not-as-cool-looking rubber ones
- Get new centre caps and bolt covers for alloys
- Get a new black bumper trim
- Get a 'Croatian' steering wheel
- Install new Mud Flaps all round
- Install the chrome dial surrounds I got off eBay, considering swapping out the white dials for black dials
- Replace dog-eared Thunder decals
- LED sidelights, side repeaters and number plate bulbs
- Replace broken door card clips
- See if I can get some kind of patch cable to connect my steering wheel remote to the Alpine head unit
- Get a dark parcel shelf as mine is unusually light grey
- Get new gas struts for tailgate
- Machine Polish
TO-DO AT SOME POINT
- Get bubbling rear arch repaired (appeared Jan 2013) and sort out the little bit of rust on the driver's side sill (worst thing about my car)
- Get new headlight enclosures - current ones are actually fine, or at least good as far as Puma headlights go, but I've got it into my head I want brand new ones
- Replace all suspension top mounts/bearings (Bilstein?), dampers (Bilstein B6?) and springs (Eibach?)
- Get two carpark dings and one stonechip sorted on the bodywork (you can't even see them unless you know where they are and at particular angles, but I know they're there and they annoy me)
- Underbody sealing to keep future rot at bay following the above expensive repairs
- Would like to get a brand new rear view mirror as the glass has gone funky round the edges on mine
- Would like to get a brand new windscreen at some point - I don't even know if you can get the heated ones any more
- Get new rear light enclosures
- Get bonnet resprayed
- Find a front bumper in better condition than mine or respray mine - nasty stone chip and a scratch on black plastic bit from previous owner
- Find a rear bumper in better condition than mine - some scratches from when it was reversed into
- Get a second Remote Key Fob
- Fancy pedals?
- Window rubbers will need doing at some point - getting a bit chewed and going white in places
- Tinted rear windows?
- Do something about the little gay horn
- Get new tailgate as someone reversed into mine and legged it in Dec 2012 - DONE November 2013
- Denso Iridium Spark Plugs - canned this idea as Tremona advise Pumas don't like Denso's.
- Brand new indicator stalks
- FRP Splitter - picking one up at Ford Fair courtesy of Simon (blue3)
- Eibach lowering springs (-30mm)
- Milltek 4-2-1, Sport Cat etc.
- Anything that can be taken off, shotblasted and powder coated done
- Full paint correction - paintwork is actually generally very good, but there are a few scratches here and there which irritate me that Scratch-X/T-Cut won't fix
- FRP inlet manifold - just because it's a cool thing to have; apart from the fact I can't afford one, it's probably a criminal waste of an FRP inlet manifold without everything else to go with it (i.e. cams, exhaust system, airbox, remap etc - would be the start of a slippery slope!) - Got Feb 2012.
- FRP or FRK bucket seats - Got March 2012.
- Covers for said bucket seats - Got March 2012.
- FRP Rear seats - Got May 2012.
- Having got the above now I need FRP door cards... I knew this was a bad idea. - Got Late 2012
TOO SILLY (money better put towards an FRP)
- Pioneer HEX-P99RS Head Unit
- Full Respray and Paintshield
- 17" Speedline Corse Turini's - in Anthracite probably; they look badass
- Powerflex poly bushes all round
- Helix Clutch
- Brembo four-pot Brakes
- Rear disc conversion
- Silicone hoses (blue)
- Paint calipers (you guessed it... blue)
- Magnecor HT leads - downgraded this as I got a full set of Ford leads on the cheap
- Strut braces
- Quaife Gears / Quaife LSD
- FRP Cams / remap
- Uprated torque link, engine mounts
- Uprated coil pack
- Replica FRP panels, driveshafts, front wishbones, front hub carriers, steering arms, steering rack limiters, rear spacers... this is getting ridiculous now.