phew what a week of projects.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulob1

slow week at work, so

we fixed turbo puma, intercooler did not fit so now need to find another reduced boost to 7 psi instead of 12, hopefully will return the girl to reliable motoring...

got to change the rotors for new ones, they are shot hi spec ones..

replaced the clutch in pumaspeed and fixed the rear wing, well replaced it with a high wing...

fuixed nitrous puma gearbox, changed the box for a spare and fitted the quaife diff to it...all up and runing now.

and just about to finish my subaru engined beach buggy, going for MOT tomorrow...

now got to collect my F3 engine, the new FRP and start the long process of getting it to go back into the puma...loads to sort..

I hope they do, turbo sprung a water leak 2 miles down road, just a hose leaking soon fixed, but runnign very sweet so far...

I still have my heavy duty bottom end which I will start building with my spare mildly ported head, some guy cleaned it up a a bit dont think its very technically done but we will see how it works.....will then fit the turbo for a mild boost regimen of about 10 psi...aiming for around 220 bhp with intercooler and megasquirt fitted...getting a new frp for the big engine and then will likely fit the 220 bhp engine into either 088 or 419...got a lot to do before then though and I am still real keen to build a track day car, with mega boost, minimal torque and lots of revs...all front wheel drive, lots of aero tricks and as light a body shell as I can make...tgt being 800 kg's and 250 bhp.

all dreams but I have a habit of making mine come true so keep watching...

Youre getting another... What number is the shell you have, the one you got from wales?
Are you using that shell?
Who installed and mapped your megasquirt?

megasquirt not installed yet, got to find new intercooler for turbo puma, will get it done then...we will install the megasquirt...may also add anti knock sensors and a few other sensors along the way...

paulob1 said:
megasquirt not installed yet, got to find new intercooler for turbo puma, will get it done then...we will install the megasquirt...may also add anti knock sensors and a few other sensors along the way...

So you're going to install it off a rolling road. How long will this take for you?
Due to factors, Errol might not be able to install my megasquirt and recommended Jamsport, but they haven't gotten back to me about it. But if you can do it.... well...

Id get it done properly, Jamsport are decent, if you register on corsasport.co.uk pm a guy called broster he works at jamsport

ScubaSteve said:
Id get it done properly, Jamsport are decent, if you register on corsasport.co.uk pm a guy called broster he works at jamsport

I have seen corsasport.. and Pistonheads for that matter. Some people have no respect.

But to what you said, You would have thought that contacting them directly should be easier than having to register on a forum to speak with them. That's not exacty professional.

No I agree, how have you contacted them, via email? some companies are just shit with emails. EG. Vinyl creations, took 2 weeks plus to reply to a simple email merely to tell me they had been busy

Try ringing

ScubaSteve said:
No I agree, how have you contacted them, via email? some companies are just shit with emails. EG. Vinyl creations, took 2 weeks plus to reply to a simple email merely to tell me they had been busy

Try ringing

Yeah E-mail. I have very limited time on a phone and so that is only used for family and loved ones so i'm limited to e-mail only unfortunately.

So you're going to install it off a rolling road. How long will this take for you?
Due to factors, Errol might not be able to install my megasquirt and recommended Jamsport, but they haven't gotten back to me about it. But if you can do it.... well...
[/quote]

Rolling roads not on the agenda yet, too expensive for the type of work we are doing right now..and we have one locally owned by a good friend...so we have use of it if we need..in reality proper installations use a combination of road and rolling road testing to get best results..although some of the more modern dynos are becoming very clever indeed. The proper bits are fitting the right sensors, and making sure the engine runs sweet and reliably.

As I said with turbo puma, will blow it up a few times before I get it right and I have two engines so far...this third one will last longer with lower boost but now want to get something back with the intercooler and then fit megasquirt to see what we can do improve things. we will likely need a bigger turbo eventually and a 6 mm decompression plate but that will likely go on a newer engine and be the final iteration of the turbo unit..

2mm wont give you much reduction in compression, only about 9.5 to 1 if i remember rightly, cant be doing the calculations right now but i wanted to get mine to around 8.5 which was actually 5 mm but the shops only seem to to 2 4 or 6 mm...

6mm! mines 2mm, i cant remember who it was now but someone fitted a thicker decompression plate and there car wouldnt start as there wasnt enough compression :? even if it did start im sure you would get huge lag.

no 2mm add 3 for each gasket and you have 8mm, that will drop it to 9.5....10 will got to about 9 ish and 12 to about 8.2 or something like that but that is from memory not my calculations which i dont have infront of me...

Latest posts

Back