Recent work on FRP76

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there guys.. not done a post for ages so I thought i'd catch up.. :grin:

Just handed back 76 it's owner, nice FRP this is and glad to have worked on it to sort the engine out and brakes etc..

It hand to be trailered as the clutch exploded a few months back.. pieces were everywhere

E3CvJA.jpg

there was quite a few leaks to sort out on the engine, and also the inlet gasket was in a bad way..

iJI9IX.jpg

Xm4ZLJ.jpg

Gave it a good thorough strip down and clean... also removed the head, cleaned it up, replaced the valve stem seals, skimmed it and pasted the valves back in... sweet!.. :cool:

fEhmSk.jpg

20erp5.jpg

JJzWDt.jpg

The engine and sump sections were thoroughly cleaned and then painted too, for a more bling bling look.. :cool:

OUuXdR.jpg

4CFXYJ.jpg

JXbCt6.jpg

pyrh3B.jpg

Then it was over to the brakes..

Fortunately these in really good condition and came apart reasonably easy, which makes a refreshing change.. :lol:

The discs were down to a shocking thickness!..

UY8qJ4.jpg

vv4VGP.jpg

lrVp8A.jpg

UL9yxf.jpg

What brand of head set do you use on rebuilds? Genuine Ford? or can you recommend a pattern set? Mate in the trade can get me a pattern set but if there's not much in price difference I'm going for the Ford one.

Top job! Want to do that to my engine, hate dirty engines but such a pain to clean while they are in the car!

Owner of #76 here

I can't put enough emphasis on what a top job Chris has done on the car. Bizarrely about 2 years before I bought an FRP I had already decided that when I did finally find one, it would be coming his way at some point. The attention to detail is fantastic and she's singing beautifully. For the amount of work, time, effort, and attention to detail he's put in its also extremely good value too! I am already making my list for next year ;)

Thanks Chris!

:cool: A long time lurker appears from the shadows, welcome and thank you for the feedback.

Latest posts

Back