Project Pips the Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nippydee

I am finally getting round to posting the project now ive got some pictures together. It's coming together nicely albeit slowly.

I'll be updateing this thread as the project continues this week

1st cambelt change as per service schedule.

[albumimg]2749[/albumimg]

Finally!! Now winter is nearly over im starting Pips' pimping again, though he will be pretty much standard. Apart from the rust prevention, interior will be done with blue, new mats, bloody good clean etc.

Ordering Nology sparks from http://www.ruderacing.co.uk/p415690/Nology_Spark_Plugs_for_Ford_Puma_1.4/product_info.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pipercross Panel Filter to ease breathing...decided a cone filter on a 1.4 wouldn't be worth it.
New sparks went on with service but ive been saving for those babies... ;-)

Pictures to follow soon with 2010 updates to Pips!
Note: I have decided against lowering the old boy as will find the ride too hard, and he handles brilliantly without - though am toying with a strut brace idea to tighten up the tiny slight body roll instead.

Tyres to be confirmed as undecided...Toyo Proxes or Goodyear Eagle...hmmm! Tried both both good...or maybe Yokies - if anyone has had Yokohama on their pls give me feedback. Thankyou!

Poorly Pips the Puma is now off the road for the time being. His owner has also been abit poorlysick too hence the decision to 'put Pips to bed' for a while.

Issues of concern are the steering, feels heavy (yep it could just be weakling me though)
Sudden very bad bad fuel economy, feels like the brakes are on all the time - Martin could be right a caliper seized maybe? Steering wheel still not on straight after accident - I have concerns about the steering rack but have been assured its ok.
Engine putting out more revs than normal at 70mph (at one point I was convinced I was in 4th still).
Electrics playing up, dim lights, lethargic washer jets, coaxing into starting...despited new battery.
:(
Really odd mix of problems never had before! Unless by some weird twist the car is out in sympathy for me!
:(
I will update the thread when Ive got it sorted but for now at least ive got to save up and get betterer.

nippydee said:
I am finally getting round to posting the project now ive got some pictures together. It's coming together nicely albeit slowly.

I'll be updateing this thread as the project continues this week

1st cambelt change as per service schedule.

[albumimg]2749[/albumimg]
did you get that dayco belt of ebay?

Update:

Pips will be taken off the road end of July.

Planned work -
Remove and clean wheels/alloys/arches, touch up calipers, check brakes.
Engine to be steam cleaned, new hose braid covers and air filter - interim service (main service due end November). Steam clean upholstery and carpets inc headliner.
New Mats. New number plates.
New wheel arches (206 thanks to HRS-good idea!) to be finally welded in and the long awaited underbody seal (from mate who works on oil rig-special copolymer stuff) to stop moisture penetration on chassis/undercar - clean arch material put back on.

Best look after the old boy - 106k on clock!

Wish mine could be taken off the road for a bit, 110k but she seems to be a workhorse!

Bet you can't for the finished result, especially the new arches!

Im on tenderhooks Vix! Love Pips - like Nancy a workhorse. Feel theres more I could do, with so many 'over modified' examples about. But, im alot happier with a good, clean standard car, maybe a subtle touch or two all in name of tidyness perhaps. Long live the Puma!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back