Project Silver, PIC HEAVY

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScubaSteve

After i got car tidied it up a bit and cleaned

P1030032.JPG

P1030012.jpg

P1030041.JPG

puma1.jpg

puma3.jpg

puma2.jpg

puma6.jpg

puma5.jpg

enginepuma.jpg

18560_284810430729_556280729_5059241_5296138_n.jpg

puma4.jpg

I then won these ET35 Mondeo wheels on ebay for £60

bpdvnigbwkkgrhqyokj4eupzhdyqoblrhqgzcw_35.jpg

However they were a bit corroded so decided to have them refurbed mid silver powdercoat for £35 a wheel.

The resulting finish

3a.jpg

4a.jpg

In between all of this going on I fitted some AP Coilovers

5a.jpg

And then some 12.5mm axle spacers

1a.jpg

2a.jpg

Also felt the underbody needed a fresh coat of hammerite aswell and repainting the rear beam

20b.jpg

Then some pics of how it stands at the moment.

7a.jpg

8a.jpg

9a.jpg

10a.jpg

11a.jpg

12a.jpg

13a.jpg

14a.jpg

16b.jpg

17b.jpg

18b.jpg

19b.jpg

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

f.jpg

g.jpg

h.jpg

i.jpg

j.jpg

k.jpg

l.jpg

m.jpg

n.jpg

o.jpg

p.jpg

q.jpg

r.jpg

s.jpg

t.jpg

u.jpg

v.jpg

w.jpg

x.jpg

y.jpg

z.jpg

z1.jpg

z2.jpg

Latest editions include Puma front mats, pricey but excellent quality,

29042010429.jpg

And front mudflaps

P1040725.jpg

And for anyone interested a lap of the Ring last year when my Puma was standard

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMcqIe-J83s[/youtube]

And the Ring F1 GP Track

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGG0G-JHYag[/youtube]

ive never been keen on those mondeo alloys i think they look really dated but when refurbed they look really nice on your car i would have sprayed them gun metal grey

do they rub now its been lowered?

how much have you spent so far on mods?

keep up the good work

I would say the alloys suit the era of the car, lets not forget the car itself is becoming dated lol, although i agree i have seen some bad applications of these alloys, i think alot also has to do with the profile of tyres you use. 50+ profiles dop make them appear more dated.

No rubbing at all

Money spent is

£420 for coilovers
£60 + £140 refurb for wheels
£30ish for axle spacers and bolts
£50 for mats
£25 for mudflaps

Someone get a calculator out lol

Didnt need axle spacers so to speak, but i thought seeing as they were a fairly cheap mod to try fancied seeing if the wider rear track looked, and indeed made any changes to the handling.

IMO the rear end is less lift off oversteer now

Yep 4 new tyres toyo proxy t1-r's 195-45-16

Looks great mate.. :D

Im wanting mine done the way you have with yours behind the brake drums and rear beam area...
hoping to get sum hammerite on the underbody myself aswell when Ive got more tools etc...

The axle spacers are basically what ford put on cars like the KA to increase its rear track probably to fall inline with the body design. They are cast metal items that sit in between the drum and rear beam. The ones i got were 12.5mm per side so thats an overall track widening of 2.5 cms.

You can get 20mm per side ones though from ford aswell

overall you spent quite alot for alloys £60,refurb £140 and 4 new tyres probably about £200 approx £400 have a look at my thread i got these alloys with brand new tyres on for £180 sold my old puma 9 spokes for £150 so they cost me £30 in all bargain
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=7504" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

do you fancy bidding on this lot would like really nice when fitted
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-RACING-PUMA-INTERIOR-SEATS-DOOR-CARDS-1-4-TRIMS-/310217585095?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item483a68b1c7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Managed to get 170 for my 9 spokes which i thought was decent.

Yeah works out about 400 quid, but im ok with that considering i have basically 5 as good as brand new Ford alloys with tyres.

Buying the wheels from ford work out about £130 EACH and thats not with tyres.

Your alloys look good, especially for 30 quid cant moan at that really :)

How do you find it drives with 17's?

did you see the FRP interior for sale bargain if i was doing the interior from scratch i would of got these FRP ones but i got my leather interior for £250 of ebay when i first bought the car so im happy

some people pay £500 for the front FRP seats alone so their a bargain for the whole interior!!!

It is a nice interior, if i had the cash spare id consider it however gotta save my cash as off to germany in 2 weeks

last year wasnt too bad, lasted me about another month after i got back then i needed to get some more.

The F1 GP track adjoined to the 'Ring was harsher on the tyres, the surface is grippier, the Ring surface has become smooth with age, not to mention all the graffiti on the track, lethal in the wet

me personally i would never put my only car on a track only if i had more than one car just in case it breaks...£££££££££

Latest posts

Back