The Red FRP

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcus000

Purchase Date: 18/9/10

Current Spec
1.7ltr Engine
Miltek 4-2-1 Manifold
Miltek Exhaust
Genuine FRP Body Panels
Carbon Fibre Front Splitter
FRP Alloys w/ Toyo Proxes fitted.
FRP Suspension
FRP Front hubs, front lower arms & track rods

General Fixes Needed
F/N/S Wheel Vibrating
Door Card Clips - Few broken, will replace those with some off my blue Puma.
Fix/Replace glove box due to broken hinge
Odd bits of trim need caps or screws etc.
Heated front screen - Fuse blown maybe?
Install footwell lighting linked to interior light
Good clean and polish.

Future Mods:
Refurb the FRP wheels - Done but not fitted!
DMB Gel Badge Overlays
Colour co-ordinate the interior (seats and dash)
Rear beam conversion
Press Car Wheel Spacers
Get jiggy with some carbon vinyl
Boot popper switch
Replace fuel filter
Change drop links
Change track rod ends
Check suspension bushes
Respray in Red

Pictures

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

Updated photos

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

nice! glad you got it.

dont forget its got original frp front hubs, shocks all round, front lower arms and track rods

cant wait to see what your going to do with it

Cheers guys! :)
Should hopefully have it back looking 100% by Xmas time.

I've investigated the issue with the F/N/S wheels, turns out nearly all of the wheel nuts on each wheel were loose, and the F/N/S was that bad, it was shaking the steering wheel like crazy!
Anyway, that's that taken care of, I'm going to replace all of the nuts to proper Ford ones, there's some "random" ones on a couple of the wheels at the moment.

Now the rumble has stopped, I can hear the bearing which I already knew about (like a whooshy noise) coming from the O/S/R so that's a job for this week, at least I can do that one myself.

Had it on the ramps earlier over at Kwik Fit (free suspension check), not bad nick underneath considering it's a 12yr old car.
No major rust spots visible, looks like it has been undersealed at some point.

Verdict of that was that the front bearings are fine, ARB bushes need doing but other than that, seems sound... for now!

I've also done my tyre pressures as well, 32psi all round, that sound about right?

looks much nicer these days mate :eek:k:

Good choice you got yourself there! According to the FRP booklet I have with mine the tyre pressures should be 2.0/29PSI all round :)

Awesome Marcus :eek:k:

It has another enthusiastic owner which is nice to hear!

Enjoy the car and fixing it up!

Thanks Zara, will let a bit out next time I'm at a petrol station.

Few mock ups of potential wheel colours and I've added a poll up at the top to keep a tally of the results.

WheelW.jpg

WheelG.jpg

WheelB.jpg

n.b. Aiden had white wheels on 0165 and you need to make sure that after they're refurbd you use some good products so they stay white! The JetSeal 109 is great stuff to use every so often.

zara#014 said:
looks much nicer these days mate :eek:k:

Good choice you got yourself there! According to the FRP booklet I have with mine the tyre pressures should be 2.0/29PSI all round :)

watch using 29... especially the exalto's do not run or wear very well on 29...needs to be 32 on the front...29 on the rear is fine.... with the original 'stiff' 7000's 29 was ok..i still think even these run better with 30 or 31 tho personally........ when i had exalto's just could not cure steering wheel judder when left on 29....

:grin:

I do like the look of red and white.. But after owning white wheels I wouldn't say it is worth the hassle!! Bloody nightmare keeping on top of.. But then I guess it depends if you are going to be using it every day in all weather conditions like I was. Its the winter roads that does the real damage!

I now have a new set of silver wheels and I do think it is the way forward!

Good luck with the project though!

Silver! Leave them standard :)
The spokey alloys are a bugger to clean, and silver seems to look cleaner than any other colour - oddly.
This is a nice looking car. Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh M56 meet.

Think that being subtle and classy will bring out the looks, the flared arches, the lovely red, the Puma-ness :D
Maybe change the switches inside and gloss up the paintwork like you did with the blue one xxx

DMB Gel Badge Overlays - Ordered
3m Di-Noc Carbon Vinyl - Ordered
Press car wheel spacers - added to shopping list.

Looking for a nice handbreak handle as current one is a bit manky, apparantly it's got a Mondeo one on at the moment, feels nice and chucky but paint has come off etc. :-(

Printed off the guide to do the boot switch installation, will do that shortly as well, already got some spare switches.

Also spotted some replacment red/black gaitors off eBay, not sure if they look a bit tacky though?
Might pick up some material for the door cards and make my own gaitors at the same time.

Still pondering wheel colours, I do crazy milage for work so I'm thinking white is going to be pointless like a few of you pointed out previously. :oops:

Latest posts

Back