FRP Sparco pretensioners & mounts

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimfrp88

Evening all..

Basically, I pulled my Sparcos down from the attic the other night to give them a bit of a minor 'refurb'..
However, when I acquired the seats a while ago, the pretensioners and mounts weren't fitted but they were supplied with the seats... Which I seem to have lost :-(

So I'm now in need of a pair of pretensioners and the mounts for them.

If anyone has any please do get in touch :grin:

... Sorry, it's the pretensioners, the mounts AND the bolts that I need.

Cheers

They are just standard items, it is only the subframe that is frp specific

Like these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FIESTA-MK5-PUMA-LATE-PASSENGER-N-S-F-SEATBELT-PRE-TENSIONER-99-02-/321588071993?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ae0248e39" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers Simon.

I can probably pick up a pair of pretensioners from my local breakers

Struggling to find the mounts though :-(

Even if someone could even trace around one and send it out to me so I could make a pair up that would be helpful.

If it comes to it I'll probably have to stick them on a pair of Mk3.5 Fiesta frames... but I'd rather keep the Sparco frames ideally.

Do you mean the top hats the runners sit on?

No mate, I have those... I mean the brackets that attach to the Sparco frames which you bolt the pretensioners to.

Ah, never mind mate. I'd got some top hats!

Blue3 said:
It is just a thin angle that bolts between the subframe and seat.

I know, Simon.. I think I'm going to struggle finding a pair to be honest.

Even if I just had some measurements/photos to go from that would be helpful.

Thanks Si.. But I can't really make anything out :-(

Thanks for looking though :thumbs:

For anyone who doesn't understand what I'm after, it's the single piece of metal in the right on this photo..

http://www.rallynuts.com/citroen-motorsport-seat-subframes/sparco-seat-subframe-citroen-c2.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've looked for those before, no one sells them. Its a pretty simple part though, maybe someone could make it for you.

I know but it's knowing/finding someone that could fabricate them... and I don't even have any measurements to work from :-(

Have you asked BentleyA aaron, as he usually has a couple of spare seats kicking around that arent in a car.

I'm not sure about the material but i'd figure any good metalworker can make them. If you really can not find measurements let me know. I have them in my car, but will need to get them out to measure. If someone has them loose it'd be way easier :)

Hi guys.. thanks for the replies :eek:k:

Sorry to be a pain, but if anyone has some seats already removed, could I ask you to get me some photos and measurements.. Looks like I'm going to have to get some fabricated :(

You'd be doing me a big favour.

Cheers :eek:k:

Latest posts

Back