wanted side repeaters

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

demonskull13

hi has anyone got a pair of side repeater lenses as my puma failed m.o.t. today on the side repeaters as they shine white but the lens is blue.everything else was fine
and how much would anyone sell them for if they have got any spare?

thankyou

jason

:roll:

demonskull13 said:
Hi, I don't need the side repeaters now as I've found my original ones and now my Puma has passed its MOT :thumbs:
To be honest, I never reckoned those blue ones on your blue Puma. Mixing different shades of the same colour often doesn't work.

Smoke or clear would work and they come with orange bulbs, so no problem on the MOT.

Frank said:
demonskull13 said:
Hi, I don't need the side repeaters now as I've found my original ones and now my Puma has passed its MOT :thumbs:
To be honest, I never reckoned those blue ones on your blue Puma. Mixing different shades of the same colour often doesn't work.

Smoke or clear would work and they come with orange bulbs, so no problem on the MOT.

it did have the orange bulbs in but the man who did the m.o.t said that any other than orange lenses would fail the m.o.t

demonskull13 said:
it did have the orange bulbs in but the man who did the m.o.t said that any other than orange lenses would fail the m.o.t
Well, that man is wrong and you only have to look around at cars on the road to see that. However, unless you take your car to another MOT station, then what the man says, the man gets. :)

Frank said:
[post]343685[/post]
I'm shopping for a pair of smoked ones. Anyone have a link?

I would try eBay for smoked repeaters, however, often the quality of aftermarket side repeaters isn't that great compared to original Ford.

moondustka said:
[post]353335[/post] I would try eBay for smoked repeaters
You have to watch the Ebay ones. On the ones I got from Ebay, ages back, the lens part didn't fit the Puma bulbholder. They do come with their own bulbholders and you could cut off the original and spade the wires onto theirs, but those existing wires are pretty short.

I didn't bother, I just got a refund after I pointed out that they were not a straight fit as they reckoned and they said I could keep them as well.

I bought a set on eBay a few years ago and they're absolutely 100%.

It's a gamble with eBay. Generally speaking for things like that if they're made in the UK they're ok quality and fit.

I bought some from Ebay and they were too long. The bulb was too far from the lens, so not bright enough. I modified it so that it would work.
[fullalbumimg]1227[/fullalbumimg]
See this link near the bottom:
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=15158&p=265754&hilit=side+repeaters#top

Cool cheers guys.
It's not a problem for me if the bulb holder is too long I can cut it down with my dremel. I'll still shop around for the closest match

That's also an option.
I've noticed when you search for puma repeater lenses that transit ones come up often. Has anyone tried these and know if they are actually compatible? I've learnt eBay isn't always right, but the second ones look very much like YOG's pic of originals.image.jpg
image.jpg

Yes, transit connect repeaters are the same. You can get clear ones from Ford of those and will fit the Puma :)

I've gone for a slightly cheaper, well free option as I had a can of black plasti spray in the garage. I coated one to see how it looks and more importantly that the light shows through, which it does :) not sure if it completely kosha but it's effective. What do you guys think? Will pc plod like the look of them..image.jpgimage.jpg

Don't know why I didn't think of it before.
I love the simple little things that make a big difference, did my door handles too as their well scratched by keys, rings etc. Love the stuff! The beauty being you just peel it straight off when you want to.

Latest posts

Back